IN: New zombies. Networks believe zombies might be a thing. (Why, it’s almost as if the top-rated drama on TV was a zombie show or something.) Except these next-gen walkers are friendly chatterboxes instead of moaning killers. NBC has brought back from the dead a 2007 pilot called Babylon Fields about the recently deceased trying to return to their former lives, which is somewhat similar to ABC’s March series The Resurrection. Meanwhile, The CW has its iZombie pilot, based on a comic series (image above) about a coroner who eats brains to stay alive while solving crimes (no joke).
10 pilot season trends for fall
- Angelina Jolie to direct Richard Leakey biopic
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016
- 'Doctor Who' invites Nick Frost over for Xmas
- 'Voice' winner Josh Kaufman gets B'way role
- 'Godzilla' has a 'Breaking Bad' Easter egg
- GWAR welcomes new vocalist Vulvatron
- Darrell Hammond is new 'SNL' announcer
- 'Agents of SHIELD' brings back 'Donnie Gill'
- '7th Heaven' cast reunites (minus Ruthie)
- 'Magic Mike XXL': No Matthew McConaughey