IN: New zombies. Networks believe zombies might be a thing. (Why, it’s almost as if the top-rated drama on TV was a zombie show or something.) Except these next-gen walkers are friendly chatterboxes instead of moaning killers. NBC has brought back from the dead a 2007 pilot called Babylon Fields about the recently deceased trying to return to their former lives, which is somewhat similar to ABC’s March series The Resurrection. Meanwhile, The CW has its iZombie pilot, based on a comic series (image above) about a coroner who eats brains to stay alive while solving crimes (no joke).
10 pilot season trends for fall
- 'Manhattan Love Story' canceled by ABC
- 'Ouija' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $8.3M
- Jack Bruce, bassist for Cream, dies at 71
- Rainn Wilson's Vine series: Curtis Lepore out
- 'Constantine' off to modest start in ratings
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Billy Boyd song for next 'Hobbit' end-credits
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'