IN: New zombies. Networks believe zombies might be a thing. (Why, it’s almost as if the top-rated drama on TV was a zombie show or something.) Except these next-gen walkers are friendly chatterboxes instead of moaning killers. NBC has brought back from the dead a 2007 pilot called Babylon Fields about the recently deceased trying to return to their former lives, which is somewhat similar to ABC’s March series The Resurrection. Meanwhile, The CW has its iZombie pilot, based on a comic series (image above) about a coroner who eats brains to stay alive while solving crimes (no joke).
10 pilot season trends for fall
- Taylor Swift reveals '1989' track list
- 'John Carter' rights lapse at Disney
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- 'Goodfellas' actor sues 'Simpsons' for $250M
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk
- S Club 7 to reunite for BBC charity gig
- Matthew McConaughey saluted at L.A. gala