Bob Schieffer has a big task ahead of him tonight presiding over the third and final presidential debate. No debate moderator comes out of the experience completely unscathed, but ABC News Foreign Affairs correspondent Martha Raddatz’s performance in the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan — watched by 51.4 million viewers — was met with largely positive reviews. Raddatz talked to EW about what goes into moderating a huge political debate. READ FULL STORY
Tag: 2012 Debates (1-2 of 2)
Crowley’s inclusion comes two decades after ABC News anchor Carole Simpson moderated a presidential debate in 1992. (Barbara Walters also moderated presidential debates in 1976 and 1984.) Her selection may have been influenced by a pair of Change.org petitions launched by three New Jersey high school students, which urged the Commission on Presidential Debates to select a female. The petitions garnered support by high-profile figures including Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, as well as over 180,000 signatures.
According to Politico, Lehrer will moderate the first debate Oct. 3 in Denver, Colo. Crowley will host the second town hall-style debate Oct. 16 in Hempstead, N.Y. The final debate, moderated by Schieffer, will be held Oct. 22 in Boca Raton, Fla.
Martha Raddatz of ABC will moderate the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan on Oct. 11 in Danville, Ky.
Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney on ’60 Minutes': The three best evasive answers to penetrating questions
Movie Review: The Campaign
Anne Hathaway, Harvey Weinstein, and Aaron Sorkin host Obama fundraiser
- 'Interstellar' clip on 'moon landing hoax'
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams arrested
- Kurt Sutter back at 'SOA,' minus appendix
- 'Mockingjay' trailer: Katniss sends a message
- 'Avengers,' 'Black Panther': Marvel 'Phase 3'
- 'Agent Carter' gets its first teaser
- Stand-up comics on hell gigs: EW's 'Polished'