Tag: 30 Rock (105-117 of 150)
Question: Though I can’t imagine The Office without Michael Scott, I’m more concerned about Holly and Michael getting their much-needed reunion before he bids adieu. Any chance this will happen? —Meaghan
Ausiello: I’d say there’s a very good chance considering the fact that [exclusive scoop alert!] Amy Ryan (a.k.a. Holly) is not only returning to The Office, but will be playing a sizable role in the show’s upcoming seventh season. “We set her return up in the finale, so it would be the biggest [cop-out] of all time if we didn’t [follow through] on it,” says coexec producer and cast member Mindy Kaling. “She’s definitely coming back.”
Question: How can I get your autograph? —Danny
Ausiello: You can bring a Sharpie to Comic-Con next week and follow the scent of Diet Raspberry Snapple and blue PVC.
Question: I love True Blood. I love Eric. Scoop, please. —Angi
Ausiello: Is it too soon to be talking about the finale? No? Cool. Exec producer Alan Ball tells me that there will be a “lot of Bill-Sookie-Eric stuff” in the season 3 finale. “It involves blood, it involves trust, and it does not go where we expect it to go.” READ FULL STORY
I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* The nods for Friday Night Lights‘ long-overdue leads, Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton.
* Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler being up for lead actress.
* Glee standout Chris Colfer sneaking into the supporting-actor race. Ditto his awesome TV dad, Mike O’Malley (for guest actor).
* Elizabeth Mitchell snagging a guest-actress nod for Lost. Ditto Matthew Fox (for lead actor).
* All the Modern Family love.
* Jim Parsons’ second consecutive nod for The Big Bang Theory.
* The Good Wife‘s rockin’ female trio (Julianna Margulies, Archie Panjabi, and Christine Baranski) all making the cut.
* Burn Notice breaking through via a nod for Sharon Gless.
I’m Rolling My Eyes About: READ FULL STORY
Question: I just watched the first seven minutes of the Grey’s Anatomy finale on Hulu. I hope you alert everyone because, as I’m sure you’ve seen, it is very disturbing/shocking! —Elizabeth
Ausiello: News flash: If you thought the first seven minutes were disturbing/shocking, I strongly suggest you skip the remaining 78-odd minutes. Some seriously dark and depressing s**t goes down in that hospital, and it’s not for the faint of heart. Fun fact: Something big happens in the second hour that doesn’t fit into any of the categories in my May Sweeps Scorecard.
Question: Is the Grey’s Anatomy finale truly going to be epic, or is the hype a bit exaggerated? —Dana
Ausiello: Based on what I’ve seen (the first hour) and heard (much of the second), it’s no exaggeration.
Every year prior to Emmy nominations, the suits at the major TV studios stuff voters’ mailboxes with tons of DVDs featuring what they feel are their shows’ best episodes of the season. I just got a hold of Universal Media Studios’ fancy Emmy kit, and here are the episodes they chose to single out from this season’s Office, 30 Rock, Parenthood, etc. Note: These may differ from the formal submissions that are used in determining the winners. Also, keep in mind that Emmy-worthy episodes that aired after the mailer deadline could not be included, which is presumably why SNL didn’t include the Betty White episode.
“Dealbreakers Talk Show #0001″
Aired: Dec. 3, 2009
Everyone tries to be who they’re not, and Liz gets bangs.
“Anna Howard Shaw Day”
Aired: Feb. 11, 2010
Valentine’s Day; Liz gets a root canal. READ FULL STORY
Back in December, we informed Matt Damon that he was at the top of Tina Fey’s 30 Rock guest star wish list. His response? “I would do [30 Rock] in a heartbeat if they asked me to come on,” enthused the genuinely shocked thesp. “She should call my people — or even better me. Or I could call her. Let’s make this happen.”
Cut to March 31 and voila: Sources confirm to me exclusively that Matt Damon is going to guest star on 30 Rock! READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'SNL': How'd Lena Dunham do?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- TV pilot season: 10 trends for fall
- Stephen Colbert visits Jimmy Fallon: 'Truth or Truth?'
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Box office update: '300: Rise of an Empire' obliterates competition with a $17.7 million Friday
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!