What perfect timing for Gravity director Alfonso Cuaron’s Oscar win! The newly minted Best Director will see his next project, NBC’s sci-fi drama Believe, premiere just over a week after the Academy Awards were held. And in the video below, featuring the first two minutes of the pilot that Cuaron co-wrote and directed, NBC is not shy in hyping the talent behind the camera:
Tag: Alfonso Cuaron (1-2 of 2)
Believe — the NBC drama created by Oscar-nominated Gravity director Alfonso Cuarón (and exec produced with J.J. Abrams) — doesn’t premiere until March 10, but we’ve got your first look at how they shot the tone-setting opening sequence.
In it, the mysterious “sinister forces” hunting 10-year-old Bo (Johnny Sequoyah) — a girl with the powers of levitation and telekinesis and the abilities to control nature and see the future — crash her family’s car. “It, to me, was one of those great opening scenes that, when Alfonso described it, I had that sense of, ‘Wait a minute, I’m not changing the channel until I know exactly what’s going on,’” Abrams says in the video below.
So what is going on in the Cuarón-directed pilot? Bo’s protector, Milton Winter (Delroy Lindo), will be forced to enlist the help of Tate (Jake McLaughlin), a wrongfully imprisoned death row inmate, to protect Bo — and the two go on the run. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Friends': The one about making the finale final
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'X-Men' trailer: Retro-Sentinels and...the Dude?!
- 'Workaholics' meet the 'Neighbors'
- '30 Rock': What made Liz Lemon's sendoff so sweet?
- Movie-inspired TV: Best/worst
- TV stars with multiple signature roles
- Kiera Cass' 'The One': New trailer
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson talks royal wedding shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Fargo' premiere: Martin Freeman talks THAT scene