Lifetime has canceled long-running, crime-busting show America’s Most Wanted, EW has confirmed. Though there’s another show on the horizon for host John Walsh, who is developing a pilot with Lifetime. (TV Guide exclusively reported the news.) READ FULL STORY
Tag: america's most wanted (1-2 of 2)
Get ready to watch television and catch criminals once again. Lifetime has ordered 20 more episode of America’s Most Wanted. “This is great news for the people I fight for…and horrible news for the criminals we’re working hard to capture,” said longtime host John Walsh. “We’re going to keep the heat on those who think they can run, but they certainly can’t hide.”
It’s more than good television. Since the show moved to Lifetime last year, America’s Most Wanted has played a role in capturing 12 of the fugitives profiled. Since its 1988 premiere on Fox, the show has led the rescue of 61 missing persons and the capture of more than 1,000 fugitives, 17 of whom were on the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted List.
America’s Most Wanted airs Fridays on Lifetime at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Latest Videos in TV
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- TV clip shows: 5 all-time standouts
- 'John From Cincinnati': Why not ready for Prime time?
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- 'Mean Girls' star comes out in letter to his character
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- 'Reign': Watch Bash's first sex scene
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 645
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 494
- Slaves to Love 464
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 508
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE