The Austin-based ATX Television Festival (June 5-8), the first festival dedicated to the TV binger in all of us, announced Tuesday it would host the world premiere of Guillermo del Toro’s heavily anticipated FX drama series The Strain. FX Networks has partnered with ATX for closing night programming and will also present the eighth episode of its new critically acclaimed original series Fargo. READ FULL STORY
Tag: ATX Television Festival (1-4 of 4)
On Friday night in Austin, Tex., some of your favorite Friday Night Lights cast members gathered at sunset to drink Shiner Bock in a parking lot and reminisce about the glory days. This was not a dream. It was a stellar event put on by the good folks at the ATX Television Festival who’d organized a free outdoor screening of the season 1 season finale. (The next morning the thrills kept coming, as stars Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton surprised fans by dropping in unannounced on the FNL cast panel.) But on Friday, the show belonged to actors Scott Porter (Street), Gaius Charles (Smash), Louanne Stephens (Grandma Saracen!), Brad Leland (Buddy Garrity), Stephanie Hunt (Devon), Katherine Willis (Mrs. Street), Matt Lauria (Luke Cafferty), and Lamarcus Tinker (Tinker), who spoke with EW exclusively about their most treasured memories of working on the greatest show ever. Here are 10 of the best:
1. Scott Porter on Taylor Kitsch’s audition tape for Tim Riggins: “The camera turns on and you just see a leg.Then you see Kitsch sit back in a chair and he just looks into the camera. There’s a tall-boy next to him and he reaches down, grabs it, puts it on one leg, cracks it open with one hand, drinks the whole tall-boy, puts it down, grabs the second one, cracks it open with one hand and goes [in Canadian accent] ‘This is Taylor Kitsch, reading for Riggins.’ And then he begins the scene by the pool where he says ‘Texas forever’ for the first time.” READ FULL STORY
The ATX Television Festival (Season 2!) kicked off in earnest Friday in Austin, TX with the first-ever official reunion of the Boy Meets World cast. The show, anchored by the endearingly ordinary trio of teenage stars Ben Savage (Cory), Rider Strong (Shawn), and Danielle Fishel (Topanga!) — went off the air in 2000 after seven years of TGIF programming.
Savage, Strong, Matthew Lawrence (Jack), Betsy Randle (the Mom!), Trina McGee (Angela), Maitland Ward (Rachel), and Lily Nicksay (Morgan #1) gathered with creator Michael Jacobs in the green room before greeting a sold-out theater of 300 fans who were watching the series finale. Jacobs told EW that the pilot for the reboot Girl Meets World, which will focus on Cory and Topanga and their 13-year-old daughter, has been shot and is awaiting pick-up from Disney. Strong is not in the pilot, though like all of the Boy cast members he’s been invited to participate in future episodes. Everyone’s beloved Mr. Feeny will appear—”interestingly,” Jacobs said coyly—in the pilot. And Randle says she expects to pop up on an episode every now and then with William Russ, who played her on-screen husband. “Surely we’ll show up for a Thanksgiving episode!” she said.
READ FULL STORY
ATX Television Festival: Vote for your favorite 'Friday Night Lights' episode to watch under the stars
Meet me in Austin, y’all. Seriously now: It was announced this morning that the ATX Television Festival will host a free community sunset screening of an episode of Friday Night Lights on Friday, June 7, at the Hotel San Jose. Free! Sold, right? It gets better: Cast members Gaius Charles (Smash), Scott Porter (7), Matt Lauria (Luke, whose ribs are probably still bruised and swollen), and Louanne Stephens (Grandma Saracen!!!) will be in attendance, as will Stephanie Hunt (Devin*) who will bring some Crucifictorious magic on stage with her band.
Those who read my ode to my recent binge-watch of the series should understand how this has the makings of my perfect pop-culture experience. But it gets better. Fans get to vote on the episode they want to watch at the event. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'Mad Men' recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Atlanta 'Housewives' recap: Kenya get your scepter
- 'Good Wife' recap: 'All Tapped Out'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'Bleeding Through'
- 'Game of Thrones': Aidan Gillen says...
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Dick Van Dyke Show' finale: 'we were doing a classic'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: Slaves to Love
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: The Heart of the Matter
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- 'Game of Thrones' Aidan Gillen on the return of Littlefinger
- TV Jukebox: 'Game of Thrones,' 'Scandal,' 'Mad Men,' and more of the week's best music-on-TV moments