Fox is going bold with advertising for its new midseason dramedy Backstrom.
Tag: Backstrom (1-4 of 4)
Beets, bears, Battlestar Galactica… Backstrom?
The Office’s Rainn Wilson is returning to TV in Fox’s dramedy Backstrom, in which he plays the titular self-destructive and bigoted detective. Fox released the first promo for the series, which also stars Dennis Haysbert and Kristoffer Polaha:
Move over, Hollywood, the much chillier Vancouver, Canada, has become a hot shooting spot, thanks to its tax breaks and unique ability to stand in for everything from sleepy Maine towns to superhero metropolises (even if its outdoor locales prove tricky in keeping secrets from fans). I suited up for a whopping eight set visits in four days to find out what makes Vancouver and the actors who call it their (temporary) home so special. (Feel free to play a drinking game with the words “rain” and “cold.” I dare you.)
Rainn Wilson is coming back to TV, but this time, he’s left the tie at home.
Above is an exclusive First Look at The Office alum in the new series Backstrom, from Bones creator Hart Hanson. Picked up for 13 episodes by Fox back in January, the show — billed as a “subversive and comic crime procedural” — follows the story of Everett Backstrom (Wilson), a brilliant but irascible Portland detective who returns to the job five years after being exiled for his often offensive behavior.
On the show, based on Leif G.W. Persson’s series of books of the same name, Wilson stars alongside (from left) Page Kennedy, Beatrice Rosen, Dennis Haysbert, Thomas Dekker, Kristoffer Polaha, and Genevieve Angelson.
Backstrom does not yet have a premiere date.
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks