Gotham continues to populate its streets with familiar faces from the Batman universe. Villains like Two-Face and Victor Zsasz have already been announced, but the show’s producers and stars suggested a few more big names are on their way.
Tag: Batman (1-4 of 4)
Add one more villain to the list: EW has confirmed that David Zayas of Dexter fame has been cast as Sal Maroni in Fox’s upcoming Gotham. Deadline first reported the news.
In Batman lore, Maroni is a self-made crime boss who starts from the bottom and works his way up to the second most powerful mobster in Gotham City, nipping at the heels of mob boss Carmine Falcone (to be played John Dorman in Gotham). Ultimately, Maroni is the man responsible for District Attorney Harvey Dent’s transformation into the villainous Two-Face. The character was most famously portrayed by Eric Roberts in The Dark Knight.
During his first day on the set of Fox’s Batman prequel series Gotham, star Ben McKenzie sat in a 1970s-era Chrysler and had a moment of doubt.
This was his first scene for the production playing Det. Jim Gordon, and it was a very simple one — McKenzie merely had to drive the car up to Wayne Manor. But suddenly, the former Southland star felt overwhelmed. “I’m sitting behind the wheel, and I’m thinking, ‘This is crazy, this is crazy. What am I doing? This is nuts. I’m never going to be able to pull this off,'” he recalled. Thankfully, the moment passed, “and it all went great.”
Below McKenzie talks about diving into the Batman universe and shooting the fall’s most highly anticipated new series, which follows a superpower and gadget-free cop responsible for stopping Gotham’s increasingly theatrical array of villains. In this prequel world, Bruce Wayne is still just a kid, and Gordon’s first assignment is investigating the mysterious murder of his parents. READ FULL STORY
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Xmas release
- 'Interview': No DVD, VOD plans at Sony
- 'Interview' derailed: Celebs tweet reactions
- Steve Carell's North Korea-set movie off
- 'Orphan Black' sets return date, debuts teaser
- Amy Brenneman returning to 'Reign'
- Manu Bennett joins cast of MTV's 'Shannara'
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 'Mythbusters' to put 'Simpsons' to the test
- 'Annie' movie review: An autotune disaster
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks