Discovery Channel is putting on a real life Hunger Games. At least that’s what the network’s new show, Survival Live (WT) sounds like to me — without the killing, of course. Eight contestants will compete for 42 days in the wilderness on what the network is billing as the first-ever live broadcast survival show. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Bear Grylls (1-3 of 3)
Call it Men & Women vs. Wild.
NBC is set to announce the contestant teams for its upcoming reality competition Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls. The Electus-produced adventure-reality competition has survivalist Grylls (of Discovery’s Man vs. Wild fame) challenging 10 two-person teams on a New Zealand adventure. Above is the cast photo, below is the first full trailer and contestant descriptions.
Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls premieres Monday, July 8 at 9 p.m.: READ FULL STORY
Bear Grylls, who parted ways with Discovery last March over a contract dispute, has made up with the channel — at least internationally. Discovery Networks International has announced a new six-episode series Bear Grylls: Ultimate Survivors that will air in 217 markets outside North America. The show will use archival footage and interviews with people who’ve survived being stranded in the Amazon, in the European Alps, and in the North African desert, and place the former Man Vs. Wild host in the same terrain to re-live their journeys.
“I am super excited to be working with Discovery again — the channel where the Man Vs. Wild journey began,” said Grylls, in a statement. “Ultimate Survivors, and any future endeavors, will be intense — but that’s where the fun is! Man Vs. Wild took me to some of the toughest climates and terrains out there, and this new series is an exciting evolution of that. The aim is to follow incredible real-life survival stories and demonstrate dynamic life-saving know-how along the way.”
Latest Videos in TV
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
Top 5 Most Read
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'