Billy Bob Thornton has played some devilish characters, but never one as frightening and fascinating as Fargo‘s Lorne Malvo. Malvo is a mysterious grim reaper of sorts who lives by a strict code of malevolence — one that has a way of rubbing off on the innocent souls around him. In the premiere of FX’s new series, which airs Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET, a chance encounter with pathetic pushover Lester Nygaard (Sherlock‘s Martin Freeman) leads to some very bad things in the small town of Bemidji, Minn. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Billy Bob Thornton (1-4 of 4)
Aw, jeez – there’s trouble in Minnesota again. And FX is giving us a sneak peek of what’s brewing.
The network’s hotly anticipated new anthology series Fargo – a dark comedy inspired by the Academy Award-winning Coen brothers film of the same name — isn’t set to premiere until April 15. Thankfully, the network has released the first seven minutes of writer Noah Hawley’s adaptation of the cult hit, which features a new story and characters.
Billy Bob Thornton is battling the Polar Vortex in a brand-new video from FX’s Fargo, which premieres April 15.
Thornton plays drifter Lorne Malvo in the adaptation of the 1996 Coen brothers classic. While Joel and Ethan Coen are back as executive producers, the 10-episode series has a new story and new characters. In addition to Thornton’s Lorne, there’s Colin Hanks as police deputy Gus Grimly and Martin Freeman as insurance agent Lester Nygaard.
In the new clip below, Thornton’s character embarks on his daily car-window scraping, as The Ames Brothers’ “It Only Hurts for a Little While” plays on the radio. But this isn’t just about removing ice and snow. As the FX caption below the video reads: “This April, Lorne Malvo has a few things to clear up.” READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Arrow' react: 'Seeing Red'
- 'Arrow' boss talks 'Seeing Red' shocker
- 'Survivor': Exiting player is...
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- 'John From Cincinnati': Why not ready for Prime time?
- TV clip shows: 5 all-time standouts
- 'Mean Girls' star comes out in letter to his character
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 651
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 494
- Slaves to Love 464
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 508
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE