Two funny women just got a season 2: Comedy Central confirmed today that it has ordered a second season of Broad City. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Broad City (1-3 of 3)
What’s on Amy Poehler’s must-watch list for 2014? (Hint: it’s not season 2 of Swamp Pawn.)
In this week’s issue, the Parks and Recreation star raves about Broad City, the new show she’s producing for Comedy Central. (It premieres Jan. 22 at 10:30PM.)
If that title sounds familiar, that’s probably because its creators and stars, Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson, have already earned a cult following for the web series that inspired it, which featured them riffing on their fabulously awkward lives as twentysomething New Yorkers. (You might also recognize Glazer from the viral video “S–t New Yorkers Say.”) Poehler and fellow funny people Kristen Schaal and Hannibal Buress have appeared in the web series, and Girls creator Lena Dunham counts herself among its fans.
“I remember seeing the episode [where] Ilana was sensual dancing for Hannibal,” Dunham tells EW. “I thought, ‘These girls are geniuses.'” READ FULL STORY
A few City girls just got a green light from Comedy Central: The network announced today that it had ordered 10 episodes of scripted comedy Broad City, which is executive produced by Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler and stars Upright Citizens Brigade vets Abbi Jacboson and Ilana Glazer. An adaptation of their web show Broad City, the scripted comedy will follow the adventures of two twentysomething friends in New York City who are, as Poehler recently summed up to EW, “struggling every day to get through the day.” READ FULL STORY
- Allison Tolman to guest on 'Mindy Project'
- Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' debuts at No. 1
- Apple event set for Sept. 9: iPhone 6?
- Joan Rivers in hospital: Stable condition
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are married
- 'Star Wars VII' resumes filming in U.K.
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- 'Ray Donovan' creator exits as showrunner
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge