Spoiler alert! If you haven’t watched this week’s episode of Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva, stop reading now. Star Brooke Elliott (Jane) gives us her take on the final twist and teases what’s to come. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Brooke Elliott (1-4 of 4)
On Sunday, Drop Dead Diva returns for the remaining five episodes of its fifth season (9 p.m. ET on Lifetime). It’s an episode fans have probably been curious about since creator Josh Berman first teased it: Grayson (Jackson Hurst) is asked to represent a young man who was kicked off an airplane after he refused to open his window because, he claims, he’s a vampire and the sunlight will burn his skin.
“We wanted to find a Diva way in to a bullying story that would not seem like your typical bullying story,” Berman told EW before the season began. “We also wanted to write an emotional storyline for Grayson that ties into something that we’ve always suspected had gone on in his past. So Grayson ends up bonding with this boy who thinks he’s a vampire and it helps both of them gain closure on events in their past.” READ FULL STORY
Spoiler alert! If you haven’t watched the season 5 premiere of Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva, stop reading now. Below, creator Josh Berman dishes on Old Jane. READ FULL STORY
Drop Dead Diva returns Sunday at 9 p.m. ET on Lifetime for the fifth season that almost wasn’t. After a surprise cancellation, the series starring Brooke Elliott was resurrected after its loyal fan base got vocal. “We had never trended on Twitter, and within minutes of our cancellation, we trended off and on for two weeks,” creator Josh Berman says, noting that an online petition also quickly amassed 10,000 signatures and fans began cutting their own videos of the show to explain why the series was important to them and should return. (A Facebook page has been created for the show’s Devoted Divas — with exclusives and prizes.) The show’s budget was still a concern, but because producers had always expected the show to have a long run, they’d invested heavily in the sets during the previous two seasons and even bought their own editing equipment. “Had we had to cut the budget in any prior season, it would have been noticeable, but the timing of season 5 was actually perfect for us,” Berman says. With that business out-of-the-way, here’s what you can expect story-wise this season:
• By the end of the premiere, which will begin with a “previously on” to make the show accessible to new viewers, last season finale’s crazy cliffhanger is resolved: When we last saw New Jane (Elliott) — how we’ll now refer to attorney Jane with the soul of dead aspiring model Deb inside her — she had just kissed Grayson (Jackson Hurst), Deb’s former fiance, who’d told New Jane he loved her right as she was about to marry Owen (Lex Medlin). Owen saw the kiss and collapsed, right as Old Jane pushed the button to return her soul to Earth. “So Old Jane is back, and we don’t know if she’s in Owen’s body or somewhere else,” Berman says. “Jane desperately wants to find Old Jane and also to figure out if Owen is dead or alive. I think the cliffhanger of this episode is just as good as the cliffhanger as last year’s season finale.” READ FULL STORY
- 'Kirstie' canceled by TV Land
- Kyra Sedgwick: 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig
- 'Arrow' casts J.R. Ramirez as Wildcat
- 'Bachelorette': Andi's choice is...
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Hobbit': New 'Five Armies' teaser
- 'Avengers 2' props shown at Comic-Con
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: First photo