There’s quite a commotion at Grey Sloan Memorial. A woman is getting increasingly angry, making a scene in front of half the hospital. She has good reason to be demanding a new doctor: She’s just realized that the surgeon working with her mother also happens to be an addict she knows from Narcotics Anonymous meetings. “Anonymous,” of course, is a relative term here: EW has hit the set of Grey’s to see Amelia’s (Caterina Scorsone) past—including her hardcore drug use and the details of her late boyfriend’s overdose—unravel for all to see in the span of roughly 30 seconds.
Tag: Caterina Scorsone (1-2 of 2)
Season 10 of Grey’s Anatomy is quickly filling up with familiar faces. First, there was the news that Isaiah Washington will return as Dr. Burke, and now, EW has confirmed that Caterina Scorsone will once again set foot in Seattle.
Scorsone plays Amelia, Derek’s youngest sister and a fellow neurosurgeon, who many fans might recognize from the Grey’s Anatomy spin-off Private Practice. Scorsone appeared briefly on Grey’s but was a regular on Practice, where her character’s main story dealt with drug addiction. After Amelia’s fiance died of an overdose, she got clean in enough time to give birth to a child that had only half a brain.
By the end of Practice‘s run, Amelia was clean and happily involved with fellow doctor James. As for her return to Grey’s, we only know that she will first appear sometime in May and will then recur for the rest of season 10. TV Guide first broke the news of her casting.
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Ernie Hudson as...
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Fargo' season 1 to stream only on Hulu
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 'Parenthood' series finale date: Jan. 29
- 'Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- 'Once Upon a Time' return for Eion Bailey
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks