Inside TV Exclusive TV News and Scoop

Tag: Charlie Sheen (53-65 of 116)

Ashton Kutcher near deal to replace Charlie Sheen on 'Two and a Half Men'

Ashton Kutcher is winning.

The actor is just about set to return to primetime TV as the new star of CBS’ Two and a Half Men, according to multiple reports.

First rumored earlier today as a potential replacement for Charlie Sheen, it would mark his return to the sitcom world where he first broke through on That ’70s Show. Hugh Grant was in talks for the role, and he could have been a great choice, but the Brit dropped out.

Kutcher playfully seemed to confirm reports on Twitter, giving fans asking him about the reports a wink and tweeting “what’s the square root of 6.25?” READ FULL STORY

Ashton Kutcher is latest rumored Charlie Sheen 'Men' replacement

Is Ashton Kutcher taking over for Charlie Sheen, or are we being punk’d?

Kutcher is the latest rumored name to surface as a possible new star of CBS’ Two and a Half Men, says trade publication B&C. CBS and Warner Bros. are hustling to find a suitable big-name comedic star to replace Sheen since the clock is ticking until the network’s upfront presentation to advertisers next week. If Kutcher lands the role, it would mark his return to the sitcom world where he first broke through on That ’70s Show. Hugh Grant was in talks for the role, and he could have been a great choice, but the Brit dropped out. WB, huddled in meetings readying for the upfronts, had no comment.

Charlie Sheen tour looking to invade foreign countries

Charlie Sheen has wrapped his Violent Torpedo of Truth Tour, but now he’s hoping to take it abroad. “I might do a European leg of this thing,” he told EW last night at a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation charity gala in Los Angeles, which he attended with one of his “goddesses,” model Natalie Kenly (pictured). Sheen says if he’s learned one thing about live performing from the tour it’s, “Leave it to the experts … It was a process. Had I trusted in that earlier, things like Detroit never would have happened. I just would have gone out there with a mic and said, ‘What’s going on? How we doing? Here’s how I’m doing.’ They’d still be dancing in the streets.”

Sheen guessed the tour raised “upwards of 100 grand” for the Red Cross Japanese Earthquake Fund by donating $1 from each ticket sold. READ FULL STORY

Charlie Sheen's bitter letter says 'Men' finished without him

Charlie Sheen continues to find new ways to vent about his former employer. Having done radio interviews, TV interviews, filed a lawsuit, launched a stage show, sent Tweets and performed scary Web cam chats, he’s now gone old fashioned: Firing off a letter to TMZ mocking Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre and any attempt to continue the show next fall without him.

“I’m out here with my fans every night,” Sheen writes. “The message is crystal clear. NO CHARLIE SHEEN. NO SHOW. And that’s exactly what it will be for you and your desperate vanity cards (read Lorre’s latest here), every Monday night, a no-show.”

As EW first reported more than a month ago, Warner Bros. is strategizing for the best way to continue Men without Sheen, which will likely involve adding another character. Sheen continued: READ FULL STORY

Chuck Lorre's latest vanity card knocks erratic, junkie performer

Chuck Lorre’s latest vanity card slams an actor as an erratic junkie on his sitcom set who was “impossible to work with.” And the performer was… a monkey?

This just aired after The Big Bang Theory on the East Coast. You be the judge: READ FULL STORY

Charlie Sheen announces fundraiser for bipolar disorder on Twitter

Charlie Sheen tweeted early Friday morning that he’s hosting a fundraiser walk for bipolar awareness in Toronto tonight. The event will take place before the second night of his “My Violent Torpedo of Truth” stand-up tour in Ontario’s capital. So far, the former Two and a Half Men star’s performances have met rocky reception in some cities. Last month, Sheen denied his own battle with the disease to ABC News, claiming he’s not bipolar, but “bi-winning.” The actor also pushed for donations on his Twitter page (which has amassed over 3.5 million followers and set a world record), and promised to match the amount raised.

Read more:
Warner Bros: Charlie Sheen lying about ‘Two and a Half Men’ talks
Charlie Sheen at Radio City Music Hall: He’s not winning anymore. He’s losing, big time.
20 Public Meltdowns

Warner Bros: Charlie Sheen lying about 'Two and a Half Men' talks

Warner Bros. is shooting down Charlie Sheen’s claims that he’s been in talks to return to Two and a Half Men.

In a letter sent to Sheen’s attorney, the studio’s counsel wrote: “Those statements are false. As you know, there have been no discussions, there are no discussions and there will be no discussions, regarding his returning to or having any involvement with the series.”

Earlier this week while out promoting his live show, Sheen said that there’s “been discussions” with the studio about returning to the CBS hit. Who would have ever thought the man behind the Torpedo of Truth might lie? Guess this settles it: Sheen ain’t coming back… and –

UPDATE: Sigh. Sheen’s attorney tells TMZ that WB is the one who’s lying. “There have been discussions as late as Tuesday, and all parties have been involved — Warner Bros., CBS, Chuck Lorre and Charlie Sheen.”

So these two parties can’t even agree on whether they’ve had a conversation?

Charlie Sheen says he's been in talks to return to 'Two and a Half Men'

Could Charlie Sheen return to Two and a Half Men this fall?

As unlikely as a reconciliation may seem after all the viscous insults he’s hurled against his former employer Warner Bros. and Men showrunner Chuck Lorre — not to mention his $100 million lawsuit against both parties — the Warlock claims he’s been in talks to get his old job back.

“There’s been discussions, but I was asked not to divulge anything,” he told Boston radio station WBZ-FM on Tuesday night. “Had they told me at the end of season 8 that that behavior wasn’t going to be cool, I would have adjusted it.”

Sheen also suggested he’s not receiving money for his back-end participation on the hit show. “I’m supposed to [be getting paid], but that’s — what’s the term? — being withheld,” Sheen said. READ FULL STORY

Charlie Sheen at Radio City Music Hall: He's not winning anymore. He's losing, big time

torpedo-of-truth-tour

So much for out-of-town tryouts. On Friday night, Charlie Sheen brought his Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat is Not an Option tour to New York City, where he delivered an hour-long show to a more-or-less capacity crowd at Radio City Music Hall. There was no warm-up act, and the show has been shorn of bells and whistles, though the hour did include a replay of the overly long parody video of his Andrea Canning interview on 20/20, as if anyone needed to see that YouTube clip one more time. In speaking about the evening, let me not mince words: It was Detroit all over again, an aimless and slovenly disaster, with the crowd taking less than 20 minutes to turn on him. And once they did, the boos and the catcalls just kept slowly escalating. The rumors of a better, more disciplined and lively show that had emerged during the last week out of Chicago and Ohio never came close to materializing. Does Sheen wonder, at this point, what he’s doing wrong? It was obvious that he found the mounting audience hostility at Radio City a little flabbergasting. He jeered at the jeerers, and often seemed to be saying, with a grimace of attitude: Why the hell are you people heckling me if you paid to see me? He didn’t seem to get that the audience was answering back: Because we didn’t want you to suck. READ FULL STORY

Charlie Sheen invites Chuck Lorre to his next 'Torpedo' show

Looks like Charlie Sheen is ready to make amends with his old boss. At least, that’s what he claimed during Friday night’s Violent Torpedo of Truth show at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. During the show, Sheen told the audience that he wants to work it out with Chuck Lorre — who he famously called a “clown” and “maggot” before being fired from Two and a Half Men — on stage at his next showing on Sunday in New York City. “Of course, I want my job back so you guys can keep watching the best f—ing sitcom in the world,” Sheen said at the show. We’ll have to wait and see if Lorre does indeed take up Sheen on his offer (his camp is not commenting on Sheen’s invite) — but, for the time being, we can only imagine what Lorre’s vanity card will read after this Thursday’s Big Bang Theory.

Click here for Owen Gleiberman’s full report from Sheen’s Radio City show.

Read more:
Charlie Sheen at Radio City Music Hall: He’s not winning anymore. He’s losing, big time.
Charlie Sheen’s Detroit disaster
5 ways to fix Charlie Sheen’s live tour

Chuck Lorre's latest super-short vanity card

Last night’s Big Bang Theory vanity card, read, quite simply:

“My lawyer ate my vanity card.”

(Lorre, of course, also produces Two and a Half Men and is being sued by Charlie Sheen, who alleges the producer masterminded the actor’s exodus from the show — and if you didn’t already know that then, well, the above joke wasn’t funny for you).

Read more:
Chuck Lorre’s new vanity card: ‘Suffering will be funny after an undetermined length of time’
Court denies Charlie Sheen’s attempt to halt arbitration of Warner Bros., Chuck Lorre lawsuit
Chuck Lorre slams Charlie Sheen’s lawsuit as ‘fantasy’

E! to air updated Charlie Sheen 'True Hollywood Story'

Charlie Sheen’s torpedo of never-ending chaos has earned him an update to his True Hollywood Story.

On the heels of his shaky tour debut, the network announced a reboot of the original Story, which aired in 2010. The new edition, airing Wednesday, will feature “exclusive interviews from friends Daniel Baldwin and Bret Michaels, plus Heidi Fleiss and a handful of talkative ex-girlfriends,” per a press release.  READ FULL STORY

Charlie Sheen talks about his live show changes: 'There's a couple things here I've got to [expletive] work out'

Charlie Sheen spoke out about his live show Monday, saying that its still a work in progress but that overall his changes unveiled in Chicago are “f—ing working.”

In an interview with E!, Sheen says “There’s a couple things here I’ve got to f—ing work out. I don’t know if I start the show alone and it turns into this [a Q&A format] or I just stay with this ’cause it’s f—ing working and we’ll f—ing return to it if I don’t.”

Sheen added that he stayed up to 5:30 a.m. after the Detroit performance tweaking the show, then spent all day Sunday making revisions as well. Still, his team considered throwing in the towel: “There was a moment on the bus when it was like, we can just keep going, we can drive home. I’m like, yeah, that’s what losers do, man. F— it, you know? Maybe I just, you know, needed a bigger challenge.”

Read more:
Charlie Sheen fires second ‘Torpedo': Chicago hits closer to mark
5 ways to fix Charlie Sheen’s live tour
Charlie Sheen’s Detroit disaster: Boos, walk-outs for ‘Torpedo’

Advertisement

Latest Videos in TV

TV Recaps

Powered by WordPress.com VIP