Jimmy Kimmel lived out his fantasy on Wednesday after staging a mini-Friends reunion on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Tag: Courteney Cox (1-3 of 3)
Tuesday night’s episode of Cougar Town marks the first time actor Brian Van Holt stepped behind the camera to direct an episode of the comedy, accomplishing a goal he’d had since he started working on the series five seasons ago. And while he was thrilled to finally get the chance, the opportunity also came with a little added pressure — it was an episode that was set to guest star Courteney Cox’s former Friends castmate Matthew Perry.
“There was a lot involved and a lot of expectations,” Van Holt tells EW, “but that being said, it was amazing. I loved it.”
In the episode, airing at 10 p.m. ET, Perry guest stars as a man who has a fender bender with Cox’s Jules, and mayhem ensues when Jules takes a small fib a little too far. The episode finds a way to recapture the old chemistry between the two former co-stars, while also adding a little twist on the story. “I was so lucky to have Matthew in my episode because he made me look better. He brought so much to the table,” Van Holt said. “It was really an honor to direct Matthew Perry and Courteney.”
In fact, Van Holt says, as a Friends fan himself, it was somewhat “surreal at times” to see the two actors reunited. “I had my moments of, ‘Wow, This is Monica and Chandler at it again!’ They had such good chemistry,” he said. “I did get caught watching the monitors and forgetting to call cut because I could really let the camera roll on them forever. It was very special….It’s a big moment for two TV icons to come back together.” <
Cougar Town airs Tuesdays on TBS.
Courteney Cox set down Big Carl long enough to step behind the camera as director of tonight’s episode of Cougar Town. She and costar Josh Hopkins spoke with EW about her directing role and shared a few season 3 spoilers.
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Ernie Hudson as...
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Fargo' season 1 to stream only on Hulu
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- People Mag Award guests talk 'The Interview'
- 'Parenthood' series finale date: Jan. 29
- 'Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- 'Once Upon a Time' return for Eion Bailey
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks