In August, Dating Naked contestant Jessie Nizewitz filed a lawsuit against VH1 operator Viacom and production companies Lighthearted Entertainment and Firelight Entertainment claiming that the show flashed her crotch when she was wrestling with another contestant on the beach. Nizewitz claimed she’d been humiliated on social media following the event and therefore sued for $10 million.
Tag: Dating Naked (1-4 of 4)
A woman who went on Dating Naked has filed a $10 million lawsuit after VH1 apparently showed her too naked.
New York model Jessie Nizewitz, 28, says the headline-making freshman reality series (trailer) flashed her crotch during one segment where she playfully wrestles with a date on the beach. Viewers noticed the unexpected reveal despite it being a very brief shot, and Nizewitz says she’s been humiliated on social media. Producers had allegedly assured Nizewitz that her genitals would be fully blurred during the episode. (Dating Naked typically shows bare buttocks, but breasts and genitals are heavily blurred.)
“I have no problem going to a beach in a bikini or people seeing me on TV in a bikini,” Nizewitz said in a statement released to EW by her attorney, Matthew J. Blit. “Although I went on this show knowing that I would be nude while taping it I was told that my private parts would be blurred for TV. If you watch an episode, you will see that the blur actually makes it less revealing than a bikini would. Obviously, I did not expect the world to see my private parts, this is not what I anticipated or what any other contestants on the show anticipated.” READ FULL STORY
- 'Manhattan Love Story' canceled by ABC
- 'Ouija' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $8.3M
- Jack Bruce, bassist for Cream, dies at 71
- Rainn Wilson's Vine series: Curtis Lepore out
- 'Constantine' off to modest start in ratings
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Billy Boyd song for next 'Hobbit' end-credits
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'