Dave Attell is making his R-rated way back to Comedy Central with a new stand-up special — and more. The underrated stand-up vet and former Insomniac host hits the stage(s) in Road Work, a one-hour special that is culled from gigs in Philadelphia, New Orleans, Minneapolis, New Brunswick, N.J., and Chicopee, Mass. Road Work boasts a lo-fi, guerrilla vibe and even features some camerawork by audience members. “This is the new normal. I’m broke,” Attell quips to EW, adding: “I’m a club comic and I just didn’t want to do a special that’s in a big theater. I wanted to do it kind of like I do the comedy itself — on the road, in clubs — and that’s a cool look. It’s refreshing.” And it sounds like Attell will be working in his creatively crude sweet spot. “I’m going to hit all the numbers — porn, drinking jokes, and more porn,” he says. “It is a win-win.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Dave Attell (1-1 of 1)
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7