Dave Attell is making his R-rated way back to Comedy Central with a new stand-up special — and more. The underrated stand-up vet and former Insomniac host hits the stage(s) in Road Work, a one-hour special that is culled from gigs in Philadelphia, New Orleans, Minneapolis, New Brunswick, N.J., and Chicopee, Mass. Road Work boasts a lo-fi, guerrilla vibe and even features some camerawork by audience members. “This is the new normal. I’m broke,” Attell quips to EW, adding: “I’m a club comic and I just didn’t want to do a special that’s in a big theater. I wanted to do it kind of like I do the comedy itself — on the road, in clubs — and that’s a cool look. It’s refreshing.” And it sounds like Attell will be working in his creatively crude sweet spot. “I’m going to hit all the numbers — porn, drinking jokes, and more porn,” he says. “It is a win-win.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Dave Attell (1-1 of 1)
- Niecy Nash joins 'The Mindy Project'
- 'Hateful Eight': Know them by name
- 'Parks and Rec' role for Rachel Dratch
- Jim Parsons talks 'Big Bang,' Emmys
- Lena Dunham shares quick 'Girls' teaser
- Lori Petty back to 'Orange Is the New Black'
- Paul Reubens to play 'Blacklist' baddie
- 'Z Nation,' Syfy zombie drama, on Sept. 10
- 'Dating Naked' sued for failure to blur
- 'Criminal Minds' tribute to Meshach Taylor