Dave Attell is making his R-rated way back to Comedy Central with a new stand-up special — and more. The underrated stand-up vet and former Insomniac host hits the stage(s) in Road Work, a one-hour special that is culled from gigs in Philadelphia, New Orleans, Minneapolis, New Brunswick, N.J., and Chicopee, Mass. Road Work boasts a lo-fi, guerrilla vibe and even features some camerawork by audience members. “This is the new normal. I’m broke,” Attell quips to EW, adding: “I’m a club comic and I just didn’t want to do a special that’s in a big theater. I wanted to do it kind of like I do the comedy itself — on the road, in clubs — and that’s a cool look. It’s refreshing.” And it sounds like Attell will be working in his creatively crude sweet spot. “I’m going to hit all the numbers — porn, drinking jokes, and more porn,” he says. “It is a win-win.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Dave Attell (1-1 of 1)
- 'Big Brother': Evicted houseguest is...
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- Dick Smith, makeup effects legend, dies
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- 'Sharknado 2': 3.9M dive in, a Syfy record
- 'Doctor Who' TV/theatrical dates set
- Rob Zombie crowdfunds killer clown movie
- Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater': Nov. 7
- Lorde to curate 'Mockingjay' soundtrack