It was a blast from the past in many ways Wednesday night on American Idol. Season 7 winner David Cook returned to mentor the top 8 finalists on ‘80s night, a theme the rocker absolutely crushed during his season with “Hello” by Lionel Richie and later “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson. Cook brought a needed new perspective for the contestants on how to perform on live television and what it’s like to be going through the crazy process. EW caught up with Cook on the phone after the performances to ask what it was like to be back at Idol. READ FULL STORY
Tag: David Cook (1-2 of 2)
Next Wednesday on American Idol, the Top 4 will choose songs from California artists for a “California Dreamin'”-themed performance show. On Thursday’s results show, judge Jennifer Lopez will perform her new single “Dance Again” and season 7 champ David Cook will debut his new single “The Last Song I’ll Write for You.”
Carrie Underwood’s fourth album, Blown Away, is set to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 Albums chart next week. It’s her third No. 1, following 2009’s Play On and 2007’s Carnival Ride. Her post-Idol debut, 2005’s Some Hearts debuted and peaked at No. 2. The new disc is predicted to sell around 275,000 copies, according to industry sources.
“Music video shoot!” Adam Lambert tweeted on Tuesday. The season 8 alum shot the new video for his latest single, the Bruno Mars-penned “Never Close Our Eyes” earlier this week. Afterward, Adam confessed, “That shoot was a long one!! This video is going to be AMAZING! Get ready!!!!” He also uploaded a photo to give his fans a little taste of what’s to come. READ FULL STORY
- 'Mockingjay' aims to keep box office crown
- P.D. James, crime novelist, dies at 94
- 'Red Band Society' production halted
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Netflix: See what's new for December
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15