It looks like David Fincher will have even more to live up to when he steps behind the camera for Utopia.
Tag: David Fincher (1-3 of 3)
David Fincher will direct the entire first season of Utopia, the HBO series he is producing with Gone Girl‘s author Gillian Flynn. The duo announced their plans to adapt the British TV conspiracy series in February, with Fincher directing Flynn’s scripts, but it wasn’t clear just how much Fincher would be behind the camera. (For Netflix’s House of Cards, the other major show Fincher produces, he directed only the first two episodes of season one.)
But Fincher told the Guardian that he intended to helm the entire first season. “I like the world of it,” he said. “I like the characters—I love Dennis’s [Kelly, creator of the U.K. show] honesty and affinity for the nerds. I mean, I’ve always been a bit of a junior conspiracy theorist [because] I don’t have time to connect them all! But it’s nice to see that somebody has.” READ FULL STORY
House of Cards “ain’t your daddy’s West Wing,” Kevin Spacey told EW in June. That’s instantly clear in the first trailer for Netflix’s upcoming series, which stars Spacey as a ruthless southern congressman who will stop at nothing to seize the power he feels like he deserves. “Power is a lot like real estate,” says his Rep. Francis Underwood, during the inauguration of a president who has different plans for Underwood’s future. “It’s all about location, location, location. The closer you are to the source, the higher your property value.”
There’s not a trace of Jed Bartlet’s soaring rhetoric or idealism to be found in House of Cards, executive produced by David Fincher and Eric Roth and based on a 1990 BBC drama about a similarly nasty British MP. Instead, Beltway politics are a Darwinian jungle with pols demanding loyalty with vile threats: “We’ll cleave you from the herd and watch you die in the wilderness.”
Watch the new clip below: READ FULL STORY
- 'The Bronze,' 2 more films sold at Sundance
- Julia Roberts on board for 'Batkid' movie
- Gymnastic sex scene scores '10' at Sundance
- Netflix: See what's new for February
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2': No role for Ronan
- 'Fifty Shades': THAT scene won't be in film
- 'Hateful Eight' supporting cast revealed
- 'MasterChef Junior' chimp scene won't air
- Biblical saga among 5 pilots in works at ABC
- Sophie Turner as Jean Grey in next 'X-Men'
- 'Glee' alum Melissa Benoist in as 'Supergirl'
- NBC orders ex-sniper pilot from 'Blacklist'-ers