Next year’s ATX Television Festival will feature two high-profile reunions: The cast of the Gilmore Girls and the Dawson’s Creek writers’ room.
Tag: Dawson's Creek (1-2 of 2)
For Entertainment Weekly‘s “The Art of Saying Goodbye” story, which ran in the April 11 issue, we interviewed the masterminds behind 10 iconic TV shows to learn how they crafted their series finales. No one’s story was quite like Dawson’s Creek creator Kevin Williamson’s. He’d stepped away from the drama earlier in its run. The series was set to end with the season 6 episode “Joey Potter and Capeside Redemption,” which sent Joey (Katie Holmes) off to Paris. But then the network had an idea: “Warner Bros. called Greg Berlanti up knowing we were friends and said, ‘See if you can talk Kevin into doing the finale.’ I went to lunch with Jordan [Levin], president of The WB, and they had the conceit: Why don’t we do five years in the future? They were like, ‘Let’s push ahead and show how everyone ended up.’ I thought about it, and I went, ‘Okay. That frees me up. That allows me to tell a new story,'” Williamson says. Below, in our extended Q&A, he details how he decided what that new tale would be (RIP, Jen), when he changed his mind about who Joey would end up with romantically, and why you shouldn’t hold your breath for a reunion movie. READ FULL STORY
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- People Mag Award guests talk 'The Interview'
- People Magazine Awards: What stars wore
- People Magazine Award winners are...
- 'Parenthood' series finale date: Jan. 29
- 'Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- 'Once Upon a Time' return for Eion Bailey
- 'Team America' screenings canceled
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks