Sometimes it seems like England gets all the cool stuff — The Beatles, texting, Downton Abbey — just a little bit earlier. Back in April, the UK got a glimpse of Ricky Gervais’ new series Derek when a pilot episode aired on England’s Channel 4. Written and directed by Gervais, the mockumentary-style comedy about a nursing home caretaker drew mixed reviews and no small amount of criticism for Gervais’ portrayal of a learning disabled character. Still, the boundary-pushing project got a 2013 series order from Channel 4 and was preemptively picked up by Netflix for Gervais’ US fans — who can finally get their first look at it in a new teaser trailer that the comedian tweeted out yesterday.
Tag: Derek (1-1 of 1)
Dec 23 2012 04:53 PM ET
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!