Last night’s fifth season premiere of Dexter attracted a solid 1.77 million viewers, up 16 percent over last year’s debut. It ranked as Showtime’s best season opener in 15 years. As impressive as that is, that number fell far short of the record 2.6 million who watched the season 4 finale last December.
Tag: Dexter (79-91 of 124)
Question: Okay, so in order for me to make it till Thursday, I need some Grey’s Anatomy scoop—specifically on Mer-Der. —Olivia
Ausiello: By the time Meredith tells Derek about her pregnancy and subsequent miscarriage in next week’s episode, she will have kept both secrets for a grand total of three months. Why wait so long? “The man was shot, and he’s already feeling [responsible] for getting a bunch of people killed,” explains series creator Shonda Rhimes. “So for her to tell him that the shooting also caused her miscarriage seems a little bit cruel. He doesn’t need one more thing to worry about.” Makes sense to me!
Question: I’d love a little Grey’s Anatomy scoopbit. —Christine
Ausiello: Yet another Buffy grad is checking into Seattle Grace. Amber Benson (ex-Tara) will guest-star in this season’s seventh episode as the estranged daughter of one of Cristina’s patients.
Question: Any scoop on Ziva’s story line on NCIS? —Jennifer
Ausiello: During November sweeps, Ziva “comes face-to-face with her father for the first time since her return from Israel,” reveals exec producer Shane Brennan. “It’s an emotion-charged reunion in a two-part episode that also reveals much about the enigmatic Eli David and one of the other team members.” READ FULL STORY
In attendance: stars Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter, James Remar, and C.S. Lee, and exec producers John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton, and Chip Johannessen
* Hall and Carpenter’s real-life relationship hasn’t caused any weirdness on the Dexter set. “I think from our perspective we met at work,” said Hall. “We’ve always been comfortable working together. And it’s nice to be on the same schedule.” Added Carpenter: “We have a lot of trust in our cast. Everyone is incredibly professional. When we’re at work, we’re at work.” READ FULL STORY
Because not everyone can make it to San Diego, Showtime has released the Dexter season 5 trailer that debuted Thursday at Comic-Con. Quickie review: I love everything about this preview except the cheesy voiceover. Agree? Disagree? Watch the clip (after the jump) and then promptly hit the comments! READ FULL STORY
I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* The nods for Friday Night Lights‘ long-overdue leads, Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton.
* Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler being up for lead actress.
* Glee standout Chris Colfer sneaking into the supporting-actor race. Ditto his awesome TV dad, Mike O’Malley (for guest actor).
* Elizabeth Mitchell snagging a guest-actress nod for Lost. Ditto Matthew Fox (for lead actor).
* All the Modern Family love.
* Jim Parsons’ second consecutive nod for The Big Bang Theory.
* The Good Wife‘s rockin’ female trio (Julianna Margulies, Archie Panjabi, and Christine Baranski) all making the cut.
* Burn Notice breaking through via a nod for Sharon Gless.
I’m Rolling My Eyes About: READ FULL STORY
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer is here
- 'Real World' alum Ryan Knight dies at 29
- Shia LaBeouf: I was raped at L.A. art project
- Netflix: See what's new for December
- 'Mockingjay' aims to keep box office crown
- P.D. James, crime novelist, dies at 94
- 'Red Band Society' production halted
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15