SNL‘s trailer for Djesus Uncrossed, a fake historical revenge fantasy starring Christoph Waltz as a vindictive Jesus Christ, is more of a Tarantino send-up than a spoof of Christianity. But that hasn’t stopped faith-based groups like the American Family Association from expressing outrage about the sketch, and as a result of their urging, one advertiser has asked its commercials be moved from online showings of Djesus. Here’s the two-minute short that has stoked so much ire:
Tag: Django Unchained (1-2 of 2)
Last night on Oprah’s Next Chapter, TV maven Shonda Rhimes and EW Entertainer of the Year Kerry Washington sat down with Oprah Winfrey for a wide-ranging chat that covered everything from Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy to… a–holes. (Before you ask, yes, they semi-bleeped.)
Below were the five most revealing moments from the trio’s chat:
* Oprah learned about Scandal via Twitter. Good work, #Gladiators! Even someone like Oprah, who one would assume is the first to know about pretty much everything, gets TV suggestions via Twitter! “On my Twitter feed, everybody was talking about it, and I was like ‘What is this show?!’” revealed O. “So I started watching because of Twitter.” Meanwhile, Washington admitted that she only watches Scandal because of the cast’s live chats on the social media network. Otherwise, she says, “I don’t really like to watch my work when it’s done. It’s a little bit uncomfortable. I literally watch because I want to be able to chat with the fans.” READ FULL STORY
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Lyndsy Fonseca signs on with 'Agent Carter'
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover