Spoiler alert: Tuesday night’s episode of Sons of Anarchy ended with Jax telling Abel that Wendy was his “first mommy”—and Abel later telling Jax that Gemma killed Tara. While we wait to see what Jax does with that information, and what role Wendy plays in his investigation, EW spoke with Drea de Matteo about Wendy’s emotion in that moment, her feelings for Jax, the backstory de Matteo created for her, and her relationship with Gemma (and Nero). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Drea de Matteo (1-4 of 4)
FX’s Sons of Anarchy aftershow, Anarchy Afterword, returns to FX tonight following episode 10, and fans will be happy to see who’s at the head of the table. Show creator Kurt Sutter will moderate the conversation with guests Charlie Hunnam and Tommy Flanagan. Kim Coates and guest star Walton Goggins will also make special appearances.
The super-sized episode will run until 11:36 p.m. ET, with the aftershow scheduled to wrap at 12:30 a.m. ET. That means the cast, many of whom will join Sutter on TBS’ Conan tonight at 11 p.m. ET, will be going up against themselves in the ratings. READ FULL STORY
With Tara (Maggie Siff) being led away in handcuffs in Sons of Anarchy‘s season 5 finale, it’s no surprise that Wendy (Drea de Matteo), Jax’s ex-wife and mother of his first-born, Abel, will be back in the picture in season 6. As TV Line was the first to report, de Matteo will reprise her role in multiple episodes. EW has confirmed the return engagement starts with the season 6 premiere in September.
In the December finale, Tara had wanted Jax to sign legal documents naming Wendy as their sons’ legal guardian should anything happen to them. But after Tara’s arrest for conspiring to murder the prison nurse Otto stabbed with the crucifix she’d brought him, Jax tore the papers in half. He’d recently shot up recovering addict Wendy with heroin to discredit her should she try to pursue a custody battle for Abel, so we wouldn’t expect him to welcome her help now. READ FULL STORY
Jax is dealing with a lot right now on Sons of Anarchy: Opie’s death, Pope’s deal, the home invasions in Charming, and getting into the escort business with Nero. His ex-wife, ex-junkie Wendy (Drea de Matteo) — who wants to work her way back into son Abel’s life — is low on Jax’s list of priorities. We’ll next see Wendy in episode 512. De Matteo participated in a conference call with reporters today. The highlights:
• On Wendy’s intentions: “I definitely don’t think I have any ulterior motives. I definitely don’t think I want to come in there and screw anybody. I think she is, probably after all of the treatment that she’s been through and now becoming a counselor herself, the healthiest of the bunch. It’s pretty crazy…. It’s like watching a child grow up, to a certain degree. I think in the very beginning of the series she was extremely, extremely vulnerable. At first she was mess, then she was sober and a raw nerve. Now she comes back with her confidence in tact and not wanting to stir any s— up except for be a responsible party. And it seems the whole entire world has imploded, and she’s gonna have a hard time maneuvering within it because nobody’s stable over there. She’s now become the face of stability (Laughs), which is kind of funny.” READ FULL STORY
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks