What, exactly, is Extant? According to the dictionary, it’s an adjective meaning “still in existence” or “the opposite of extinct.” According to CBS, it’s a method by which Oscar winners are lured to network television. And according to the following 25-second teaser, it’s a mysterious upcoming drama about mitosis, flowers, creepy children’s laughter, and the entirety of the human condition… or something.
Tag: Extant (1-3 of 3)
Television is the new movies.
CBS announced today that Oscar-winner Halle Berry will star in the upcoming new drama Extant. The Steven Spielberg-produced show has already received a straight-to-series order and will begin airing next summer.
The network describes Berry’s role as “an astronaut who returns home from a year-long solo mission in space and tries to reconnect with her husband and son in their everyday life. Her experiences in space and home lead to events that ultimately will change the course of human history.”
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Flash': First look at full-body costume
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch
- Beverly Hills 'Housewives' recap: 'Hollywood' pals
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- SXSW Music 2014: 20 on the verge
- Daniel Radcliffe on B'way: First Look
- 'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'Daisy'