What, exactly, is Extant? According to the dictionary, it’s an adjective meaning “still in existence” or “the opposite of extinct.” According to CBS, it’s a method by which Oscar winners are lured to network television. And according to the following 25-second teaser, it’s a mysterious upcoming drama about mitosis, flowers, creepy children’s laughter, and the entirety of the human condition… or something.
Tag: Extant (1-3 of 3)
Television is the new movies.
CBS announced today that Oscar-winner Halle Berry will star in the upcoming new drama Extant. The Steven Spielberg-produced show has already received a straight-to-series order and will begin airing next summer.
The network describes Berry’s role as “an astronaut who returns home from a year-long solo mission in space and tries to reconnect with her husband and son in their everyday life. Her experiences in space and home lead to events that ultimately will change the course of human history.”
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- Seth Meyers to host Emmys 2014
- 'Parks and Rec': About THAT finale surprise
- 'American Idol' recap: Top 5 are...
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Man on Fire'
- 'Reign' recap: 'Toy Soldiers'
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Salem': Marilyn Manson haunts new opening credits
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
Top 5 Most Read
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Fifth purported Mel Gibson rant leaked online
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' mention spikes sales of 16th-century classical composer