Superheroes and fairy tales dominated the midseason lineup at ABC’s upfront presentation, with shows like Galavant and Marvel’s Agent Carter coming soon. “We may be a terrible network,” joked Jimmy Kimmel, “but we are a great birthday party for a 6-year-old.” But for fall, ABC stuck to the basics: broad comedies, police procedurals, and Shonda Rhimes, whom ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee described as the Charles Dickens of our generation. Her latest show, How to Get Away With Murder, isn’t exactly Great Expectations, but it might be the only new ABC series worth watching. Quick takes on the others follow below. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Forever (1-1 of 1)
- Emma Stone set for B'way debut in 'Cabaret'
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' renewed
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' gets a season 2
- Johnny Depp + Kevin Smith for 'Yoga Hosers'
- Megan Mullally, Natalie Morales on 'Parks'
- Eva Longoria arc on 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' cryptic L.A. billboard
- 'Arrow' casts Matt Ward as villain Komodo
- Benedict Cumberbatch in WB's 'Jungle Book'
- Chris Pratt posts photo of van he lived in