Fresh Off the Boat has tapped 30 Rock alum Judah Friedlander and former NBA star Scottie Pippen for guest-starring roles, EW has learned exclusively.
Tag: Fresh Off the Boat (1-2 of 2)
ABC has one of the most diverse fall programming slates in TV history, and critics want to know why.
At the Television Critics Association press tour Tuesday, ABC chief Paul Lee fielded questions from reporters pushing for a more detailed explanation for why ABC greenlit three ethnic family comedies (Anthony Anderson’s Black-ish, Cristela Alonzo’s Cristela, and Eddie Huang’s Fresh Off the Boat, coming midseason), plus another drama series starring a black actress, Shonda Rhimes’ How to Get Away with Murder.
“We’re taking a very good step along that journey,” Lee told critics at the Beverly Hilton on Tuesday. “To be able to pull this off, you need not just stars on air… you need storytellers and executives”—such as the ones present at that very panel. “I’m very proud—if you look at the back of the room [referencing the various executives in attendance], it’s a very diverse group of people,” Lee continued. “You need the people telling the stories to truly reflect America as it is.” READ FULL STORY
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- People Magazine Awards: What stars wore
- People Magazine Award winners are...
- 'Parenthood' series finale date: Jan. 29
- Sony quickly pulls YouTube 'Interview' trailer
- Sony hack probe yields clues on method
- 'Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- 'Once Upon a Time' return for Eion Bailey
- 'Team America' screenings canceled
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks