READ FULL STORY »The proliferation of stunt casting has turned the typically mundane guest-acting races into major Emmy spectacles. To wit, for the first time in history I’m handicapping all four of the categories! (Note: The winners will be announced this weekend at the increasingly scrumptious Emmy appetizer known as the Schmemmys.)
Tag: Friday Night Lights (27-39 of 107)
It’s a date I’m anticipating with both excitement and dread: Sources confirm to me exclusively that Friday Night Lights‘ fifth and final season is slated to debut on DirecTV on Oct. 27. Someone hold me.
Zach Gilford is traveling a long way from Dillon, Texas for his next TV gig.
The ex-Friday Night Lights QB is joining ABC’s Shonda Rhimes-produced medical drama Off the Map as a series regular.
Gilford will play a plastic surgeon in the South America-set drama, which is slated to premiere at midseason. READ FULL STORY »
Question: As of today, I have officially seen every single episode of Grey’s Anatomy, and now I don’t know what to do with myself! Grey’s scoop, please! —Bea
Ausiello: Even though nearly two months will have passed since the shooting rampage, Derek will still be in pretty bad shape when the season starts. And I’m not talking physically.
Question: What can you tell us about the Grey’s Anatomy premiere? —Claudia
Ausiello: A major character will be sent directly to jail by the end of the episode. Hint: This person has already been name-checked in this week’s AA.
Question: Do you know if NCIS will deal more with what happened to Ziva in Somalia? —Carlee
Ausiello: Funny you should ask. Exec producer Shane Brennan just told me the following: “In November sweeps, we dip again into a story that perhaps everyone thought was played out. It involves Ziva.” READ FULL STORY »
This doesn’t happen often: One of my favorite actors has scored one of the coolest roles on one of TV’s best dramas.
Friday Night Lights MVP Scott Porter is joining CBS’ The Good Wife as a professional and perhaps personal foil to Archie Punjabi’s sexually ambiguous Kalinda, sources confirm to me exclusively. READ FULL STORY »
I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* The nods for Friday Night Lights‘ long-overdue leads, Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton.
* Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler being up for lead actress.
* Glee standout Chris Colfer sneaking into the supporting-actor race. Ditto his awesome TV dad, Mike O’Malley (for guest actor).
* Elizabeth Mitchell snagging a guest-actress nod for Lost. Ditto Matthew Fox (for lead actor).
* All the Modern Family love.
* Jim Parsons’ second consecutive nod for The Big Bang Theory.
* The Good Wife‘s rockin’ female trio (Julianna Margulies, Archie Panjabi, and Christine Baranski) all making the cut.
* Burn Notice breaking through via a nod for Sharon Gless.
I’m Rolling My Eyes About: READ FULL STORY »
Question: Is John Casey’s daughter, Alex (Mekenna Melvin), going to be a series regular next season on Chuck? —Charles
Ausiello: She’ll be the next best thing to a series regular: a recurring guest star. (That noise you hear is Morgan fantasizing about their awkward first date.)
Question: Will Jessalyn Gilsig be a regular on Glee next season? I absolutely love Terri, but I fear I’m the only one! —Rion
Ausiello: You’re not the only one. I like Terri. But more importantly, series creator Ryan Murphy likes Terri — and he proved it by picking up her series-regular option for season 2 (albeit at a slightly reduced guarantee). Well, technically speaking, Twentieth Television picked up her option, but I’m sure Murphy had a hand in it. READ FULL STORY »
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- KROQ Weenie Roast concert: Watch live
- Kanye video projected onto 66 buildings
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale