Tag: Friday Night Lights (40-52 of 113)
I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* The nods for Friday Night Lights‘ long-overdue leads, Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton.
* Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler being up for lead actress.
* Glee standout Chris Colfer sneaking into the supporting-actor race. Ditto his awesome TV dad, Mike O’Malley (for guest actor).
* Elizabeth Mitchell snagging a guest-actress nod for Lost. Ditto Matthew Fox (for lead actor).
* All the Modern Family love.
* Jim Parsons’ second consecutive nod for The Big Bang Theory.
* The Good Wife‘s rockin’ female trio (Julianna Margulies, Archie Panjabi, and Christine Baranski) all making the cut.
* Burn Notice breaking through via a nod for Sharon Gless.
I’m Rolling My Eyes About: READ FULL STORY
Question: Is John Casey’s daughter, Alex (Mekenna Melvin), going to be a series regular next season on Chuck? —Charles
Ausiello: She’ll be the next best thing to a series regular: a recurring guest star. (That noise you hear is Morgan fantasizing about their awkward first date.)
Question: Will Jessalyn Gilsig be a regular on Glee next season? I absolutely love Terri, but I fear I’m the only one! —Rion
Ausiello: You’re not the only one. I like Terri. But more importantly, series creator Ryan Murphy likes Terri — and he proved it by picking up her series-regular option for season 2 (albeit at a slightly reduced guarantee). Well, technically speaking, Twentieth Television picked up her option, but I’m sure Murphy had a hand in it. READ FULL STORY
Facebook campaign aimed at getting him a much-deserved Emmy nod (in the guest actor category.) What does Gilford think of all the attention? And what brings Matt back to Dillon? The actor rang me with the 411 as he was about to hop a plane to Austin to film his first of four FNL episodes. READ FULL STORYWith Emmy buzz swirling around him like mosquitoes on a Texas football field, Zach Gilford has inked a deal to return to Friday Night Lights for a sizeable arc during the show’s fifth and likely final season. The news comes as the actor is enjoying the best reviews of his career for an episode in which his character, Matt, mourned the death of his father. The tear-jerking hour first drew attention last fall when it aired on DirectTV, but it was an encore telecast on NBC earlier this month that lit up Twitter and led fans to start a
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO