Tag: Gina Rodriguez (1-5 of 5)
Puerto Rican actress Gina Rodriguez made headlines this summer when she spontaneously gave a speech at the Television Critics Association summer press tour about her desire to overturn Hispanic stereotypes on TV. (Read her powerful speech here.) As the titular character on CW’s Jane The Virgin, Rodriguez isn’t a sex kitten or a cook—instead, she plays a college student whose life is turned upside down when she finds out she’s been accidentally artificially inseminated.
The dramedy—based on a popular Venezuelan telenovela—was recently given a full season order and Rodriguez, 30, has become one of the fall’s breakout stars. Here, she reveals why she decided to become an actress and why she refuses to conform to narrow stereotypes about beauty and race. READ FULL STORY
CW’s Jane The Virgin is getting a dose of serious comedy cred: EW has learned exclusively that legendary comic Cheech Marin will guest star as abuelita Alba’s love interest. READ FULL STORY
Mexican pop star Paulina Rubio is set to guest star on The CW’s Latin-flavored family comedy Jane The Virgin, EW has learned. READ FULL STORY
The new CW pilot Jane the Virgin has found its Jane.
EW has learned that Gina Rodriguez will play the title role in Jane the Virgin, which is adapted from the Venezuelan telenovela and is about a “hard-working, religious young Latina woman” who finds herself artificially inseminated … by accident.
The pilot will be written by Jennie Snyder Urman, who most recently wrote an episode of The CW’s Reign.
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- People Magazine Awards: What stars wore
- People Magazine Award winners are...
- 'Parenthood' series finale date: Jan. 29
- Sony quickly pulls YouTube 'Interview' trailer
- Sony hack probe yields clues on method
- 'Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- 'Once Upon a Time' return for Eion Bailey
- 'Team America' screenings canceled
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks