On this week’s episode of TV Land’s Happily Divorced (Wednesday, 10:30 p.m. ET), Fran (Fran Drescher) discovers her gay ex-husband Peter (John Michael Higgins) has been hiding a new relationship from her for two months. Below, watch an exclusive clip of Fran meeting Chris (Eureka‘s Colin Ferguson), Peter’s beau, for the first time. Hilarity no doubt ensues. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Happily Divorced (1-4 of 4)
Fran Drescher isn’t the only one who will be Happily Divorced come next year: EW has just exclusively learned that SNL alum Molly Shannon will guest on the TV Land sitcom, in an episode set to air not long after the new year.
Shannon is set to play the Maggie, the sister of Peter (John Michael Higgins), the gay guy who used to be married to — and still lives with — florist Fran (Fran Drescher). Like Fran, Shannon’s character is recently divorced and moves to LA to stay with the odd couple. The casting actually pits Shannon against Drescher, as Drescher’s character doesn’t like Shannon’s Maggie because of an infraction that dates back to the wedding day between Fran and Peter. Some new things come to light about that day after Maggie surfaces in LA.
Shannon is set to tape her episode in the coming weeks.
Happily Divorced returns to TV Land with new episodes on Wednesday, Nov. 28, at 10:30 p.m.
Tanner on Twitter: @EWTanStransky
‘Happily Divorced’: Rosie O’Donnell makes her debut! — EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
‘Happily Divorced’ books Rosie O’Donnell and Dan Akyroyd as guest stars — EXCLUSIVE
TV Land orders more ‘Happily Divorced’
We told you exclusively a month ago that Rosie O’Donnell would be making her guest-starring debut on TV Land’s Happily Divorced this season. That booking has finally come to fruition, as O’Donnell’s episode airs tonight at 10:30 p.m. on TV Land. EW has an exclusive first look at O’Donnell’s entrance into the series. She plays an old “friend” of Fran Lovett (Fran Drescher) who is also a dog therapist trying to help her old pal figure out why her pooch doesn’t like her.
Click below for an exclusive glimpse of O’Donnell doing her thing with Drescher:
If there’s one thing that TV Land sitcoms are known for besides their old-school laughs, it’s their genius stunt casting of television faves. EW has exclusively learned that Fran Drescher’s show Happily Divorced has just booked two TV greats — Rosie O’Donnell and Dan Akyroyd — to appear on separate episodes slated for the end of May.
O’Donnell will play Katie O’Grady, an old high school friend of Fran (Drescher) and Judi (Tichina Arnold) who arrives to help Fran learn a lesson about her relationship with her overbearing mother Dori (Rita Moreno). Meanwhile, Akyroyd plays a potential love interest — described as “charming and successful” — that Fran’s ex Peter (John Michael Higgins) sets up for her.
Happily Divorced is currently airing its second season on Wednesday at 10:30 p.m. and will wrap its current batch of episodes on June 6.
Tanner on Twitter: @EWTanStransky
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Arrow' boss talks 'Seeing Red' shocker
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'American Idol' recap: Release the rockers
- 'Survivor': 4 Q's for Jeff Probst
- 'Arrow' react: 'Seeing Red'
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 659
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 508
- Slaves to Love 467
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 382
- Kenya Get Your Scepter 483
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show