The first season of Syfy’s Helix was mostly set in the hermetic hell of an Arctic laboratory, but the upcoming second season promises to open up the show’s paranoid thrills. Leaving behind the snowy milieu for a mysterious island, the CDC will find themselves contending with a cultish group of people (led by Steven Weber!) READ FULL STORY
Tag: Helix (1-3 of 3)
Comic-Con: Syfy's new series 'Helix' finalizes cast, teases Season 1 plan, discusses the sci-fi legacy of 'black goo'
The Project: Helix (a new Syfy series from Battlestar Galactica’s Ronald Moore)
The Panel: Mark Stern (Syfy’s President of Original Content), Executive Producer Steven Madea (Lost), Cameron Porsandeh (writer), Ronald D. Moore (Battlestar Galactica), moderated by EW’s own Geoff Boucher
Footage screened: The audience was treated to a very brief teaser for the series, which will begin production next week in Montreal. A sterile white laboratory is stained by some sort of black goo. As the camera pans up to show a “sterilization” room, you begin to hear an automated voice repeating “complete. complete. complete.” Only the sliding door to the sterilization room isn’t able to close, because a dead scientist’s leg is blocking it. Inside the room, we see another scientist in a hazmat suit dying on the floor, and coughing up the black goo that we saw at the beginning. In the air duct off to the side, there may be something lurking. And…cut to black!
READ FULL STORY
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Ernie Hudson as...
- 'White Collar' series finale: How it ended
- David Schwimmer cast as Robert Kardashian
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks