Superheroes and fairy tales dominated the midseason lineup at ABC’s upfront presentation, with shows like Galavant and Marvel’s Agent Carter coming soon. “We may be a terrible network,” joked Jimmy Kimmel, “but we are a great birthday party for a 6-year-old.” But for fall, ABC stuck to the basics: broad comedies, police procedurals, and Shonda Rhimes, whom ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee described as the Charles Dickens of our generation. Her latest show, How to Get Away With Murder, isn’t exactly Great Expectations, but it might be the only new ABC series worth watching. Quick takes on the others follow below. READ FULL STORY
Tag: How To Get Away With Murder (1-2 of 2)
Academy Award-nominated actress Viola Davis will star in ABC’s upcoming pilot How to Get Away With Murder, produced for the network by ABC Studios and Shondaland (Grey’s Anatomy producer Shonda Rhimes’ production company.)
Davis will play Professor Annalise Dewitt on the legal thriller, which focuses on ambitious law students and their mysterious criminal defense professor (Davis). Things start to go awry when both students and teacher become entangled in a murder plot that could cause drastic ramifications to their university and alter the course of each of their lives.
Peter Nowalk (Grey’s Anatomy) will pen the script for the drama and will also executive produce alongside Rhimes on the show.
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig for Jenny Slate
- Tom Hiddleston wrote Thanks for Loki note
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- 'Blacklist' gig for Krysten Ritter
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Jim Gaffigan series to air on TV Land
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Star Wars': Marvel Comics reveals plans