Move over, Hollywood, the much chillier Vancouver, Canada, has become a hot shooting spot, thanks to its tax breaks and unique ability to stand in for everything from sleepy Maine towns to superhero metropolises (even if its outdoor locales prove tricky in keeping secrets from fans). I suited up for a whopping eight set visits in four days to find out what makes Vancouver and the actors who call it their (temporary) home so special. (Feel free to play a drinking game with the words “rain” and “cold.” I dare you.)
Tag: iZombie (1-4 of 4)
Tinkerbell has an, um, savory new role on the CW.
Rose McIver, who played the pixie-dust throwing fairy on ABC’s Once Upon a Time – and will also replace Kiernan Shipka in Lifetime’s Flowers in the Attic sequel — has been cast in the lead role of the CW pilot iZombie. Wait until you read what’s in store for her!
She’ll play Olivia “Liv” Moore, a “med student-turned-zombie who takes a job in the coroner’s office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity,” according to The CW’s official description. “But with each brain Live consumes, she inherits the corpse’s memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.”
The drama is based on characters from the DC Comics’s Vertigo imprint, created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred, and was developed by Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars), Diane Ruggiero, Danielle Stokdyk, and Dan Etheridge.
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer is here
- Shia LaBeouf: I was raped at L.A. art project
- Netflix: See what's new for December
- 'Mockingjay' aims to keep box office crown
- P.D. James, crime novelist, dies at 94
- 'Red Band Society' production halted
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15