SundanceTV’s Rectify — a drama that follows one man’s journey to rebuild his life after being released from death row — left fans with quite the cliffhanger at the end of season 1, and if you just can’t wait for season 2 to start back up in June, you’ll definitely want to take a peek at the two exclusive stills we have from premiere. READ FULL STORY
Tag: J. Smith-Cameron (1-2 of 2)
Rectify, the Sundance Channel’s first original scripted series, is a heavy order on paper: It follows Daniel Holden (Aden Young), who spent 20 years on death row for the rape and murder of a teenage girl before his conviction is vacated with the appearance of new DNA evidence. This means Daniel’s freedom as well as the possibility of another trial — two things that equal a week’s worth of small-town Georgia strife for Daniel and his family, including his younger sister/biggest defender Amantha (Abigail Spencer) and parents. Jessica Shaw wrote in this week’s Entertainment Weekly, “There’s no shortage of cinematically shot and finely acted moments … Rectify’s many stories are strung together with a wonderful, airy pacing.”
In advance of the show’s premiere on April 22, Sundance partnered with BuzzFeed for a special binge screening of the entire first season (a six-hour affair) as well as a cast Q&A. The result is a specific appreciation for Rectify, which is full of flavor but wanting for balance, as well as some illuminating dish from the actors:
- Fox yanks 'Utopia' from Tuesday schedule
- 'The Bridge': 'Julibex' wraps season 2
- Alyssa Milano exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- 'Sherlock Holmes' silent from 1916 discovered
- 'Selfie' premiere ratings: Little to 'like'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' role for Tim DeKay
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record
- 'Twilight Saga': 5 short films on Facebook
- 'Sing-Off' returning to NBC for season 5
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'