SundanceTV’s Rectify — a drama that follows one man’s journey to rebuild his life after being released from death row — left fans with quite the cliffhanger at the end of season 1, and if you just can’t wait for season 2 to start back up in June, you’ll definitely want to take a peek at the two exclusive stills we have from premiere. READ FULL STORY
Tag: J. Smith-Cameron (1-2 of 2)
Rectify, the Sundance Channel’s first original scripted series, is a heavy order on paper: It follows Daniel Holden (Aden Young), who spent 20 years on death row for the rape and murder of a teenage girl before his conviction is vacated with the appearance of new DNA evidence. This means Daniel’s freedom as well as the possibility of another trial — two things that equal a week’s worth of small-town Georgia strife for Daniel and his family, including his younger sister/biggest defender Amantha (Abigail Spencer) and parents. Jessica Shaw wrote in this week’s Entertainment Weekly, “There’s no shortage of cinematically shot and finely acted moments … Rectify’s many stories are strung together with a wonderful, airy pacing.”
In advance of the show’s premiere on April 22, Sundance partnered with BuzzFeed for a special binge screening of the entire first season (a six-hour affair) as well as a cast Q&A. The result is a specific appreciation for Rectify, which is full of flavor but wanting for balance, as well as some illuminating dish from the actors:
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- Lucy Lawless' first 'Agents of SHIELD' photo
- Emmys 2014: And the winners are...
- Chloe Grace Moretz: Piracy KO'd 'Kick-Ass 3'
- Sarah Paulson talks two-headed 'AHS' role
- Donald Glover voice of cartoon Spider-Man
- 'Flash' poster art contains Easter eggs
- Sara Bareilles' 'Smile' for Emmy In Memoriam
- 'Chicago P.D.': Markie Post as Lindsay's mom
- 'Gone Girl' teaser: 'I'm the guy to save you...'