Thanksgiving will double as Father’s Day on an episode of Community that airs on…. March 7. And what will this special holiday bring? The first sighting of James Brolin as Jeff Winger’s estranged father, William, who skipped out when Jeff (Joel McHale) was only 8 years old. In this installment of NBC’s community college-set comedy, most of the study group suffers through an unsavory T-Day at the home of Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown), while Jeff and Britta (Gillian Jacobs) wind up at William’s place, where awkwardness and discomfort are also on the menu. “From the moment he opens the front door, whatever he says is just off,” notes Brolin of his character. “And when Jeff says something and he answers, it’s just not on the same track at all. There’s probably something very sad about this, but there’s something very funny and recognizable about it… Good comedy is about real stuff.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: James Brolin (1-1 of 1)
- Yeardley Smith in 'Mindy Project' guest role
- 'Destiny': $325M in sales in five days
- Bill Hader to host 'SNL' on Oct. 11
- 'New Girl' returns sexier, but loses viewers
- National Book Awards nonfiction longlist
- Tom Hiddleston to star in 'Skull Island'
- 'DWTS': First eliminated dancer is...
- 'Project Runway All Stars' designers are...
- 'Arrow': Nick Tarabay as Captain Boomerang
- Skyler Samuels joins 'AHS: Freak Show' cast