Spoiler alert! If you haven’t watched Psych‘s series finale, stop reading now. James Roday spoke to EW about the “big get” and that pitch-perfect ending.
Tag: James Roday (1-3 of 3)
Is it a coincidence that March 19’s penultimate episode of USA’s Psych — the last one star James Roday will ever direct — features his co-star Dulé Hill (Gus) running and screaming for most it? “No it is not,” Roday says. “It’s been one of the great joys of my experience on Psych, and I know our fans are equally as fond of watching Gus being in peril and trying to scream his way out of it.”
In the episode, “A Nightmare on State Street,” Gus visits a dream therapist (guest star Bruce Campbell) to help determine the true fear behind his terrifying nightmares. “In truth, he has to do so much screaming in this episode that we did actually talk about trying to find some nuance and having levels so that there was tiers to the screams. That’s a real discussion that we had,” Roday says. “And I can tell you that he honestly feels like I ruined screaming for him for the rest of his career because he blew out every scream that he had on this show. He feels like he needs to take a break for a long while before he does something where he screams again, otherwise people are just gonna identify him with this character.” READ FULL STORY
With news of USA’s Psych ending its run with the March 26 season 8 finale, devoted Psych-Os may need some cheering up today. How about a first look at the Feb. 26 episode that flashes back to the ’60s?
Star James Roday (Shawn) co-write the episode, “1967: A Psych Odyssey,” which marks the directorial debut of castmate Kirsten Nelson (Chief Vick). Hoping to secure an appointment as chief of police, Det. Lassiter (Timothy Omundson) decides to prove himself worthy by trying to solve the murder of the mayor’s uncle, Archie Baxter — who is also played by Omundson in flashback. READ FULL STORY
- 'Togetherness' renewed by HBO for season 2
- Apple Watch expected to ship in April
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Christopher Reeve's son joins 'SportsCenter'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- Blink-182: Tom DeLonge's 'been exposed'
- Neil Patrick Harris to visit 'Actors Studio'
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum
- Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' = Tom Petty cash
- Dropkick Murphys vote no on pol using song