The first season of AMC’s Turn wasn’t exactly the shot heard ’round the world. Facing a slate of popular Sunday-night competition like Game of Thrones and The Good Wife, Craig Silverstein’s Revolutionary War drama had to fight for respect—something it ultimately won with a riveting finale that helped secure a second season. Jamie Bell stars as Abraham Woodhull, a Long Island cabbage farmer initially straddling the fence as the American uprising turns into a full-fledged war. His father (Kevin McNally) and wife (Meegan Warner) are staunch Tory loyalists; his childhood friends, including the love of his life (Heather Lind), are committed to independence. Abe is stuck in the middle—which turns out to be the perfect place to be when George Washington (Ian Kahn) needs spies in British-held New York City. [See an interactive character map here.] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Jamie Bell (1-1 of 1)
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7