One of the great things about travel is the people you meet—especially if you’re traveling in a TARDIS. From Timothy Dalton to David Morrissey to Michael Gambon to Kylie Minogue, Doctor Who has welcomed a raft of guest stars over the years. That tradition is being continued in the new season, the first to star Peter Capaldi as the Time Lord, which premieres on BBC America Aug. 23. EW asked Who actress Jenna Coleman, who plays the Doctor’s traveling companion Clara Oswald on the show, to talk about working with three of the season’s new faces.
Tag: Jenna Coleman (1-3 of 3)
Brace yourselves, Whovians: Long-running cult obsession Doctor Who returns to BBC America on Aug. 23 with a new star, Peter Capaldi, and a new attitude. Compared with Matt Smith’s previous Doctor, Capaldi’s lead character is “a lot fiercer,” says Jenna Coleman, who plays his traveling companion, Clara Oswald. “This man is a total adrenaline junkie.”
In advance of Peter Capaldi’s first season as the infamous Doctor, BBC America released a teaser trailer for the eighth season of Doctor Who. The network also announced that the upcoming season’s feature-length premiere episode, “Deep Breath,” will air Saturday, Aug. 23, at 8 p.m. ET.
At a mere 15 seconds, the teaser is cryptic. “Clara, be my pal, tell me, am I a good man,” the Doctor asks. “I don’t think I know who the Doctor is anymore,” Clara responds. What does it all mean?! READ FULL STORY
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- 'Maze Runner' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $11M
- Shonda Rhimes vs. 'N.Y. Times' article
- 'Justified' adds Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS
- 'Doctor Who' invites Nick Frost over for Xmas
- 'Fashion Police' will return in 2015: E!
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016
- GWAR welcomes new vocalist Vulvatron