How busy has Foxes been of late? Busy enough that the British singer-songwriter neglected to tell her family she was making a guest appearance alongside Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman on this Saturday’s episode of Doctor Who, the tantalizingly titled “Mummy on the Orient Express.”
Tag: Jenna Coleman (1-4 of 4)
One of the great things about travel is the people you meet—especially if you’re traveling in a TARDIS. From Timothy Dalton to David Morrissey to Michael Gambon to Kylie Minogue, Doctor Who has welcomed a raft of guest stars over the years. That tradition is being continued in the new season, the first to star Peter Capaldi as the Time Lord, which premieres on BBC America Aug. 23. EW asked Who actress Jenna Coleman, who plays the Doctor’s traveling companion Clara Oswald on the show, to talk about working with three of the season’s new faces.
Brace yourselves, Whovians: Long-running cult obsession Doctor Who returns to BBC America on Aug. 23 with a new star, Peter Capaldi, and a new attitude. Compared with Matt Smith’s previous Doctor, Capaldi’s lead character is “a lot fiercer,” says Jenna Coleman, who plays his traveling companion, Clara Oswald. “This man is a total adrenaline junkie.”
In advance of Peter Capaldi’s first season as the infamous Doctor, BBC America released a teaser trailer for the eighth season of Doctor Who. The network also announced that the upcoming season’s feature-length premiere episode, “Deep Breath,” will air Saturday, Aug. 23, at 8 p.m. ET.
At a mere 15 seconds, the teaser is cryptic. “Clara, be my pal, tell me, am I a good man,” the Doctor asks. “I don’t think I know who the Doctor is anymore,” Clara responds. What does it all mean?! READ FULL STORY
- 'Ouija' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $8.3M
- Jack Bruce, bassist for Cream, dies at 71
- Rainn Wilson's Vine series: Curtis Lepore out
- 'Constantine' off to modest start in ratings
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Billy Boyd song for next 'Hobbit' end-credits
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'