Yesterday, we got a look at the trailer for E!’s first ever scripted drama, The Royals, and the life of Queen Helena (Elizabeth Hurley), who has her hands full trying to keep her royal children’s names—and sometimes, their body parts—out of the tabloids. But behind every powerful woman is the powerful woman who raised her, and for Helena, that’s the Grand Duchess of Oxford, played by Dynasty star Joan Collins.
Tag: Joan Collins (1-2 of 2)
From one Dynasty to another: Joan Collins is joining E!’s first scripted series, The Royals.
The upcoming hour-long drama follows a fictional British royal family through life in 21st-century London. Collins will appear as the Duchess of Oxford and mother to Elizabeth Hurley’s Queen Helena. According to People, the Duchess of Oxford is described as “the only woman in the world more formidable and imposing” than her daughter, the Grand Duchess will enter the show with “an entourage and an agenda.”
The Royals is set to premiere in 2015.
- 'Birdman,' 'Lego' win Producers Guild Awards
- 'The Bronze,' 2 more films sold at Sundance
- Julia Roberts on board for 'Batkid' movie
- Gymnastic sex scene scores '10' at Sundance
- Netflix: See what's new for February
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2': No role for Ronan
- 'Fifty Shades': THAT scene won't be in film
- 'Hateful Eight' supporting cast revealed
- 'MasterChef Junior' chimp scene won't air
- Biblical saga among 5 pilots in works at ABC
- Sophie Turner as Jean Grey in next 'X-Men'
- 'Glee' alum Melissa Benoist in as 'Supergirl'