The Atlanta Falcons will be this year’s students at HBO’s school of Hard Knocks. Fans will be invited inside the huddle and pre-season training camp of the Falcons, who were only 4-12 last season but are only two years removed from the NFC Championship game. The five-episode run, the ninth season for the popular HBO series, begins Aug. 5. Last year’s show, which chronicled the Cincinnati Bengals, averaged 3.6 million viewers per episode. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Johnny Manziel (1-2 of 2)
Johnny Manziel, the spectacular Texas A&M quarterback and 2012 Heisman Trophy winner, was drafted by the Cleveland Browns — but only after sliding to the No. 22 pick in the NFL Draft. Manziel, who quickly became a Texas folk hero nicknamed Johnny Football in his freshman year at Texas A&M in 2012, was regarded as the draft’s top quarterback prospect and considered one of the frontrunners for the Houston Texans No. 1 pick. But the Texans went with sure-thing defensive superstar Jadeveon Clowney of South Carolina instead, and the Jacksonville Jaguars, who needed a quarterback and had the No. 3 pick, opted for Blake Bortles of Central Florida.
ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper Jr. had predicted that Manziel would be drafted by Tampa Bay at No. 7, but when the Buccaneers chose Manziel’s teammate, wide receiver Mike Evans, instead, the brash quarterback’s prospects began to drop, as one team after another passed on him. Cameras captured Manziel’s discomfort in Radio City Music Hall’s green room as time ticked by. But the Browns, who made three trades before the first round was even concluded, moved up four spots and selected Manziel at No. 22. The crowd roared its approval. “To be [in Cleveland], it feels right,” Manziel told ESPN’s Suzy Kolber. “Dawg Pound, here I come.” READ FULL STORY
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks