Now that most of the Fab Five have left Grey Sloan Memorial, it seems the time could be ripe for Meredith to finally move on from the hospital she’s called home for the last 10 seasons of Grey’s Anatomy—despite telling Derek she didn’t want to move to Washington, D.C. in the season finale. However, Ellen Pompeo thinks there’s a very plausible reason why Meredith cannot follow her husband to Capitol Hill.
Tag: Kate Burton (1-2 of 2)
Grey’s Anatomy fans had a love-hate (but mostly hate) relationship with Meredith’s mother, Ellis Grey. On the one hand, we had her to thank for the fact that Meredith was dark and twisty in the first place, not to mention the great drama that came along with her Alzheimer’s, generally crappy parenting, and, of course, her love affair with Richard. But in season three, both fans and Meredith let go of Ellis for good when she died, met up with Meredith in the afterlife, and finally approved of her daughter. So you can imagine our surprise when we found out that we’ll be seeing Ellis again fairly soon.
EW has confirmed that Kate Burton will reprise her role as Ellis Grey in the upcoming season 11 premiere of Grey’s. According to TV Guide, Ellis will appear in flashbacks. And based on the fact that the season 10 finale introduced a new head of cardio who also just happened to be Richard and Ellis’ long-lost love child, it’s possible the flashbacks will have something to do with new doc Margaret Pierce (played by Kelly McCreary).
Grey’s Anatomy returns Thursday, Sept. 25 at 8 p.m. on ABC.
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- People Magazine Awards: What stars wore
- People Magazine Award winners are...
- 'Parenthood' series finale date: Jan. 29
- Sony quickly pulls YouTube 'Interview' trailer
- Sony hack probe yields clues on method
- 'Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- 'Once Upon a Time' return for Eion Bailey
- 'Team America' screenings canceled
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks