FX has set the return of The Americans: Season 2 of the critically-acclaimed Cold War spy drama will premiere Feb. 26 at 10 p.m. ET. The network previously announced the Jan. 7 return of Justified.
Tag: Keri Russell (1-5 of 5)
Paging Mr. and Mrs. Smith!
FX has just ordered 13 episodes of a new drama series, The Americans, created by Joe Weisberg (Falling Skies), which will premiere in early 2013. The show will star Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys as two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban D.C. shortly after Reagan is elected president.
“The arranged marriage of Phillip (Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Russell), who have two children who know nothing about their parents true identity, grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control. Complicating their relationship further is Phillip’s growing sense of affinity for America’s values and way of life. Tensions also heighten upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan (Noah Emmerich), an FBI agent working in counter intelligence,” the network describes in a statement. READ FULL STORY
Keri Russell will star in the FX drama pilot The Americans from Joe Weisberg (Falling Skies).
The pilot is about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington, D.C. in the early 1980’s. This is the official logline from FX: “The arranged marriage of Phillip and Elizabeth Jennings, who have two children who know nothing about their parents’ true identity, grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous, and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control. Complicating their relationship further is Phillip’s growing sense of affinity for America’s values and way of life.”
The role of Phillip has yet to be cast.
Russell appeared last season in the shortlived Fox comedy Running Wilde.
God loves me. And this next sentence proves it: Keri Russell is returning to television in a new Fox sitcom produced by Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz and starring Will Arnett!
He loves me! READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'L&O: SVU': Pablo Schreiber returning
- 'Big Bang Theory' renewed for three more years
- 'Orphan Black'/Criminally Underrated gems: EW cover
- 'Orphan Black' exclusive: Three clones in one photo!
- Matthew McConaughey: How he got 'Alright' x 3
- 'Veronica Mars': 10 essential episodes
- TV Academy Hall of Fame inductions: What we saw
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelor' blog: 'After the Final Rose'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Flash' first full body costume photo
- This Week's Cover: Angelina Jolie is 'Maleficent'! An exclusive in-depth interview
- Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' finale and 'After the Final Rose'
- 'Game of Thrones' team: 7 seasons is the plan
- 'Between Two Ferns' director Scott Aukerman on how they got Obama to laugh at himself