Alright times three: Who wants to witness another gloriously gonzo Matthew McConaughey speech? The chest-thumping, Oscar-winning actor — who has scored on screens big and small over the last year (Dallas Buyers Club, The Wolf of Wall Street, True Detective) — is being honored at Spike TV’s Guys Choice 2014, EW has learned. He will be named Guy of the Year, an award whose previous recipients include Ben Affleck, Brad Pitt, and George Clooney. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Kevin Hart (1-2 of 2)
Here’s what you won’t see on Saturday Night Live this weekend: the boxes Kevin Hart will stand on in order to make his small stature look a little less diminutive. (Hart’s only 5’4″.) “I’ve been deceiving a lot of people, which is fun,” the comedian jokes in this video from NBCUniversal Direct. “It’s lying! Television lies. That’s what it is.”
This, however, isn’t a lie — Hart thinks doing SNL is a bigger deal than hosting MTV’s Video Music Awards. “For a standup comedian, this is what we live for. This is what we want,” he explains. “So [the] VMAs was amazing, but this definitely surpasses that.”
We’ll see whether Hart’s hosting debut measures up to his VMA performance in just a few days. In the meantime, make do with this brief interview — filmed yesterday while Hart was in the midst of preparing for Saturday night:
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- 'Mockingjay': 2014's top movie presale tix
- Dean Norris as 'American Dad' guest voice
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'