The X Factor wrapped up its second season on Thursday with a holiday-themed blowout, crowning its winner at the end of the two-hour episode. So long as you’re unafraid of spoilers, read on to learn what Simon and co. had to say about who took home the $5 million prize. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Khloé Kardashian (1-5 of 5)
Simon Cowell humbled?
After the live episode of The X Factor wrapped taping on Thursday, the show’s judges, hosts and eliminated contestants chatted with press backstage, and the show’s creator was captured in a rare low-confidence moment. Read on to learn what the show’s talent had to say about notable moments from the episode — including some that didn’t make it on-screen — and check out EW’s report on the eliminated contestants for scoop on how they believe their mentors could have done better by them. WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD! READ FULL STORY
WARNING! SPOILERS FOLLOW! After boy band extraordinaire One Direction performed twice inside The X Factor‘s Xanadome to promote their new album Take Me Home – and their fans’ piercing screams effectively liquified my eardrums – they happily bounded backstage to speak with the press, along with judges Simon Cowell, Britney Spears, and Demi Lovato, and co-hosts Mario Lopez and Khloe Kardashian Odom. Judge L.A. Reid skipped almost all press — though it was unclear whether he was licking his wounds from the loss of contestant Jason Brock or celebrating that his other two contestants Vino Alan and Tate Stevens came in third and first in the vote tally.
Speaking of that vote tally, the decision of The X Factor to reveal the voting order — seemingly for the first time in American reality competition show history — was topic A for most everyone. That is, when they weren’t basking in One Direction’s youthful vigor. Here are the top nine highlights of what we learned backstage: READ FULL STORY
The X Factor has wrapped up its first week of live shows, and all of the talent involved had plenty to divulge about the experience. After Thursday’s show, judges, hosts, and recently eliminated contestants made the rounds in the press lounge, which is lined with portraits of this season’s contestants and video screens displaying the show’s familiar turquoise-and-pink ‘X’ logo. EW has already told you what Simon Cowell and Khloé Kardashian had to say about the unexpectedly sheer top she wore on Wednesday night’s show. Here are 10 more things we learned on the scene about the road to unveiling the Top 12.
1. The judges tend to open up more in the press room about their elimination decision, where it’s surely easier to be honest about their decision than when they’re talking directly to the artist they’re sending home on live TV. L.A. Reid told reporters he opted to keep flamboyant Jason Brock in the competition instead of edgy David Correy because “Jason just really makes me smile. It’s fun to me. David is really strong also but just a little bit predictable kind of try-hard. I like genuine fun. I like it when people just lose themselves in their little moment.” Was it tough to make that decision? “The politically correct answer would be yes. The truth is no,” Reid admitted. READ FULL STORY
As The X Factor started its live shows on Wednesday night, Khloé Kardashian got quite the induction to the show when she stepped on stage with fellow new host Mario Lopez. At that moment attention was directed not at Britney Spears or Demi Lovato but at a new star: Kardashian’s chest — plenty of viewers noticed that the host wasn’t wearing a bra underneath her sheer purple top.
“May I say, Khloé, you’re looking very sexy… I think the air conditioning is on high tonight,” Simon Cowell told her.
In the press room after Thursday’s results show, Kardashian was very open to talking about her revealing first live taping. Warning: What follows is an account that veers into the anatomically specific. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in TV
- 'American Idol' recap: Roll down a familiar road
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Clone Wars': Final 13 answer big 'Star Wars' Q's
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away'
- Aaron Carter + Hilary Duff for Throwback Thursday
- 'Scandal' recap: 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'