CBS News correspondent Lara Logan has returned to work after taking a leave of absence in November when her 60 Minutes piece on the 2012 Benghazi attack on a U.S. compound was called into question. No details were offered as to when Logan would be returning to 60 Minutes or what projects she would be working on. The producer of the segment, Max McClellan, who took a leave at the same time as Logan, is expected to return to CBS as well. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Lara Logan (1-2 of 2)
CBS’ 60 Minutes apologized on Sunday’s broadcast for a flawed story on the 2012 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, and for the discredited source who claimed to have been at the scene.
During brief remarks at the end of the hour correspondent Lara Logan said 60 Minutes was misled and made a mistake in its reporting.
Logan is the correspondent responsible for the Oct. 27 story. She had interviewed former security contractor Dylan Davies, who claimed he took part in fighting at the mission. But Davies’ account unraveled last week, forcing CBS News on Friday to admit its error in running the story.
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7