CW’s Jane The Virgin is getting a dose of serious comedy cred: EW has learned exclusively that legendary comic Cheech Marin will guest star as abuelita Alba’s love interest. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Latino (1-6 of 6)
Juanes will guest star on The CW comedy series Jane The Virgin, EW has learned.
The Grammy winner will play a music producer and smooth-talking ladies’ man who considers producing a demo record for Jane’s pop-music obsessed mother Xiomara (Andrea Navedo). READ FULL STORY
Netflix is adding a Spanish-language soccer comedy to its growing list of original series, making it clear that the company is eyeing the Hispanic market as it continues to grow. READ FULL STORY
The bad news is you’re suffering from Breaking Bad withdrawal. The good news? Fans of the hit AMC show — which wrapped up its five-season run in a gripping finale last fall — can look forward to an upcoming Spanish language remake that has plenty in common with Vince Gilligan’s Emmy-winning drama.
Or will it? Sure, true to the original, Walter Blanco — his last name means “white” — is a timid chemistry teacher who transforms into a meth-dealing mastermind after he’s diagnosed with lung cancer. But there are also a few notable differences too, which make Metástasis a blend of high-stakes telenovela drama and American cable TV storytelling. (Never fear: Gilligan consulted on the Colombian remake.) Here are a few of the most striking differences — with the promise of a lot more to come when the show premieres in July in the United States on Univision-owned network UniMás.
The ladies of Lifetime’s hit series Devious Maids are back – and by the looks of a new poster for season 2, with plenty of oh-so-juicy secrets. READ FULL STORY
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks