Season two of NBC’s Smash continues to bring out the big guns in order to lure more viewers: EW has learned that icon Liza Minnelli will appear as herself in the second season, set to begin airing in February 2013; Minnelli’s episode is titled “The Surprise Party” and will air sometime in the spring. The actress will sing an original song, penned by Marc Shaiman and Scott Whittman, alongside series star Christian Borle who plays Broadway composer Tom.
Tag: Liza Minnelli (1-2 of 2)
Liza Minnelli will reportedly resume her role of Lucille Austero, the older girlfriend of Buster Bluth (Tony Hale), for Netflix’s new season of Arrested Development, according to TV Guide. During the initial run of the show, Lucille — who suffered from vertigo and shared the same first name as Buster’s manipulative mother (Jessica Walter) — and Buster engaged in an unorthodox romance, simmering with unsettling Oedipal implications.
Netflix has revived Arrested Development for a long-delayed fourth season, scheduled for return next spring, that will consist of at least 10 episodes.
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7