Season two of NBC’s Smash continues to bring out the big guns in order to lure more viewers: EW has learned that icon Liza Minnelli will appear as herself in the second season, set to begin airing in February 2013; Minnelli’s episode is titled “The Surprise Party” and will air sometime in the spring. The actress will sing an original song, penned by Marc Shaiman and Scott Whittman, alongside series star Christian Borle who plays Broadway composer Tom.
Tag: Liza Minnelli (1-2 of 2)
Liza Minnelli will reportedly resume her role of Lucille Austero, the older girlfriend of Buster Bluth (Tony Hale), for Netflix’s new season of Arrested Development, according to TV Guide. During the initial run of the show, Lucille — who suffered from vertigo and shared the same first name as Buster’s manipulative mother (Jessica Walter) — and Buster engaged in an unorthodox romance, simmering with unsettling Oedipal implications.
Netflix has revived Arrested Development for a long-delayed fourth season, scheduled for return next spring, that will consist of at least 10 episodes.
- 'Magic Mike XXL': No Matthew McConaughey
- 'Big Brother': Final three houseguests are...
- '7th Heaven' cast reunites (minus Ruthie)
- Iggy Azalea sues ex-boyfriend over songs
- Aubrey Plaza: Voice of Lifetime's Grumpy Cat
- Bill Hader to host 'SNL' on Oct. 11
- Matt Smith + Jane Austen + zombies
- James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis in 'Agent Carter'
- 'Destiny': $325M in sales in five days
- Tom Hiddleston to star in 'Skull Island'