Season two of NBC’s Smash continues to bring out the big guns in order to lure more viewers: EW has learned that icon Liza Minnelli will appear as herself in the second season, set to begin airing in February 2013; Minnelli’s episode is titled “The Surprise Party” and will air sometime in the spring. The actress will sing an original song, penned by Marc Shaiman and Scott Whittman, alongside series star Christian Borle who plays Broadway composer Tom.
Tag: Liza Minnelli (1-2 of 2)
Liza Minnelli will reportedly resume her role of Lucille Austero, the older girlfriend of Buster Bluth (Tony Hale), for Netflix’s new season of Arrested Development, according to TV Guide. During the initial run of the show, Lucille — who suffered from vertigo and shared the same first name as Buster’s manipulative mother (Jessica Walter) — and Buster engaged in an unorthodox romance, simmering with unsettling Oedipal implications.
Netflix has revived Arrested Development for a long-delayed fourth season, scheduled for return next spring, that will consist of at least 10 episodes.
Latest Videos in TV
- 'SNL': How'd Lena Dunham do?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- TV pilot season: 10 trends for fall
- Stephen Colbert visits Jimmy Fallon: 'Truth or Truth?'
Top 5 Most Read
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Box office update: '300: Rise of an Empire' obliterates competition with a $17.7 million Friday