Season two of NBC’s Smash continues to bring out the big guns in order to lure more viewers: EW has learned that icon Liza Minnelli will appear as herself in the second season, set to begin airing in February 2013; Minnelli’s episode is titled “The Surprise Party” and will air sometime in the spring. The actress will sing an original song, penned by Marc Shaiman and Scott Whittman, alongside series star Christian Borle who plays Broadway composer Tom.
Tag: Liza Minnelli (1-2 of 2)
Liza Minnelli will reportedly resume her role of Lucille Austero, the older girlfriend of Buster Bluth (Tony Hale), for Netflix’s new season of Arrested Development, according to TV Guide. During the initial run of the show, Lucille — who suffered from vertigo and shared the same first name as Buster’s manipulative mother (Jessica Walter) — and Buster engaged in an unorthodox romance, simmering with unsettling Oedipal implications.
Netflix has revived Arrested Development for a long-delayed fourth season, scheduled for return next spring, that will consist of at least 10 episodes.
- 'Greatest American Hero' reboot eyed at Fox
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Outlaw Pete' as book
- Apple event set for Sept. 9: iPhone 6?
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'The Following' to get new showrunners
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- 'Simpsons' to air 24 hours a week on FXX
- 'Star Wars VII' resumes filming in U.K.