Tag: Lost (53-65 of 145)
I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* The nods for Friday Night Lights‘ long-overdue leads, Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton.
* Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler being up for lead actress.
* Glee standout Chris Colfer sneaking into the supporting-actor race. Ditto his awesome TV dad, Mike O’Malley (for guest actor).
* Elizabeth Mitchell snagging a guest-actress nod for Lost. Ditto Matthew Fox (for lead actor).
* All the Modern Family love.
* Jim Parsons’ second consecutive nod for The Big Bang Theory.
* The Good Wife‘s rockin’ female trio (Julianna Margulies, Archie Panjabi, and Christine Baranski) all making the cut.
* Burn Notice breaking through via a nod for Sharon Gless.
I’m Rolling My Eyes About: READ FULL STORY
It’s been a month since the Lost finale aired and you know what that means: Make way for the parodies! The silly kids over at How It Should Have Ended — the Starz Digital animated web series that proposes alternative conclusions to popular movies and TV shows — have set their sights on the polarizing Lost swan song. And the results are undeniably ROTFLMFAO. Watch the video here.
One of this fall’s most intriguing new dramas is NBC’s Undercovers, a Hart-to-Hart type spy series featuring Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw in the title roles of Steven and Samantha Bloom. The show is noteworthy because it highlights the network’s commitment to diversity (the leads are both black). It also comes from the auspices of J.J. Abrams, the uber-producer of Lost, Fringe and Alias.
That’s probably why an Italian website thought it newsworthy, albeit random, to post the first 20 pages of the Undercovers pilot script. IlPost tries to play it safe by saying “we have reasons to think it is the real thing” but the script, which includes the preface “the pace of this series is intended to be unusually, almost unspeakably, fast,” appears genuine. And the pages do set up the premise of Undercovers, which is about two ex-CIA spies – now married – who are reinstated when a fellow spy goes missing. The pilot was written by Abrams and Josh Reims (Dirty Sexy Money) and also stars Gerald McRaney (Deadwood).
Any news involving an Abrams show seems to be a hot commodity on Italian websites these days. Last month, the site Macchianera.net posted six pages from the Lost finale and the final call sheet. Other than in name, Abrams wasn’t involved in the series finale. Given the ilPost story, however, Abrams may want to go undercover himself to see if he’s harboring an Italian mole at Bad Robot, his production company. Sadly, Warner Bros. – which is producing Abrams’ drama for NBC – isn’t commenting.
NBC will air Undercovers from 8-9 p.m. on Wednesdays this fall.
Question: I just watched the first seven minutes of the Grey’s Anatomy finale on Hulu. I hope you alert everyone because, as I’m sure you’ve seen, it is very disturbing/shocking! —Elizabeth
Ausiello: News flash: If you thought the first seven minutes were disturbing/shocking, I strongly suggest you skip the remaining 78-odd minutes. Some seriously dark and depressing s**t goes down in that hospital, and it’s not for the faint of heart. Fun fact: Something big happens in the second hour that doesn’t fit into any of the categories in my May Sweeps Scorecard.
Question: Is the Grey’s Anatomy finale truly going to be epic, or is the hype a bit exaggerated? —Dana
Ausiello: Based on what I’ve seen (the first hour) and heard (much of the second), it’s no exaggeration.
Sorry, Mr. Eko fans: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje will not be staging a comeback to Lost. Though the producers wanted to find a reason to bring back the former tailie, EW has learned that a deal could not be reached in time. Akinnuoye-Agbaje had indicated a strong desire to return to the drama that made a big impact on his career: In August, the British actor told EW that “fans of Mr. Eko should have hope” and that he loved playing the character.
“I’m here for [the producers],” Akinnuoye-Agbaje continued. “Adewale is open for business. We have had talks about some things they might do for the final season and there are other dead folks coming back allegedly but at the moment it is still a maybe. A strong maybe but I have not shot anything yet or signed any contracts. But I’m hoping.”
Akinnuoye-Agbaje was the first castaway to vote himself off the island in season three.
There is one other Lost alum who fans would love to see resurface – Julie Bowen, who played Matthew Fox’s former wife Sarah. Speculation of her possible comeback hit a fever pitch in March when Bowen and the cast of Modern Family traveled to Maui to shoot a vacation episode. The thought was that Bowen would use her down time to hop a plane to Hawaii, but Lost insiders won’t comment on whether the actress pulled a little tropical double-duty.
Question: All this vague “a crisis like no other” talk about the Grey’s Anatomy finale is killing me. And you don’t wanna be responsible for my death. Seattle Grace scoop, STAT. —Andy
Ausiello: Would it qualify as putting you on life support if I got series creator Shonda Rhimes to tell you a bit about the two-hour season-ender? Let’s find out. “The theme of the first hour is sanctuary, which sort of uses the idea that the hospital is our characters’ safest place and our safest place as viewers,” she says. “[Then we use] the hour to slowly turn that on its head [so] that by the end, the hospital is definitely kind of the least safe place in the world.” Yikes! “The second hour,” she continues, “is about choices, and we get to watch our characters make big ones. Lexie chooses between Mark and Alex. Owen chooses between Teddy and Cristina. Bailey faces the hardest medical choice that a doctor has to make. And the other choice that’s being made is Callie and Arizona, and whether or not they’re going to be together or not. It IS going to come down to the baby thing.” You still with us, Andy? Hello? Bueller? Someone call 911! READ FULL STORY
- 'Mob City': 18 stylish shots
- Frank Darabont: Back from the 'Dead'
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: Let's think this through
- 'Veronica Mars' out 3/14/14 -- and we have a clip!
- 'Sound of Music': 3 dress rehearsal photos
- Bill Hader on Stefon's goodbye: Best of 2013
- Lance Reddick joins 'American Horror Story: Coven'
- 'AHS: Coven' peek: Who's at the door?
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1427
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 680
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 394
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 356
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' casts Marcia Gay Harden as Christian Grey's mother
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE
- Gal Gadot to star as Wonder Woman in 'Batman Vs. Superman'
- 'American Horror Story': Watch Cordelia and the 'Coven' plot Fiona's murder -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: You are My Sunshine