In our fall TV preview, we broke down each day into what to watch live and what to DVR. Here’s your fall Sunday-night game plan:
Tag: Madam Secretary (1-3 of 3)
[This post contains details from the Madam Secretary premiere, which aired Sept. 21]
CBS’ new drama Madam Secretary can best be described as the D.C. follow-up to The Good Wife. They both feature spectacular-looking actresses in their late 40s playing women essaying roles often depicted on television by men, with a supportive husband (though in this case, for now anyway, hubby keeps it in his pants) and a winsome daughter and bright, could-be-trouble son. And both feature marvelous ensemble casts filled with TV veterans and newbies with their eyes on stardom. READ FULL STORY
What’s the best new show coming to CBS? Well, we have high hopes for Vince Gilligan and David Shore’s Battle Creek, but as CBS Entertainment Chairman Nina Tassler explained during the network’s upfronts presentation, that doesn’t premiere until midseason. For fall, CBS knows what you want: More NCIS! Your guide to non-NCIS offerings also appears below. READ FULL STORY
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Ernie Hudson as...
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Fargo' season 1 to stream only on Hulu
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 'Parenthood' series finale date: Jan. 29
- 'Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- 'Once Upon a Time' return for Eion Bailey
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks